Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 02:13 

You were the one that started the name calling, not me. And while I was wrong(yes, I can admit when I'm wrong) on the gains @3840x800 after looking over them again, I still stand by my statement that single monitor users will see huge gains. That is undeniable.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 07:56 

As far as I'm concerned, you called yourself names by posting at all.

And search results at a glance:
http://www.guru3d.com/article/core-i7-multigpu-sli-crossfire-game-performance-review/8

near identical performance in multi-gpu with a core duo vs i7, from the same site from which you took your 'research' no less.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/core-i7-gaming,2061-8.html

'research' by another site, confirming that enabling fsaa reduces the gain to about 10%, about as much as the tech. difference between both cpu generations allows for.

I don't care about being right, but I still hate people that post things regardless of something called facts.

Fanboys, brainless slugs, newbs, whatever some people call em, if you post like a moron, you'll be treated as such.

A single monitor 1024x768 setup will see gains, but anyone with one of those rigs isn't remotely gonna run at such a resolution.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 08:50 

I posted after seeing everyone in this thread was running nvidia hardware and I saw your comment. Yeah, I probably should have been more clear about that, but what's done is done.
FSAA does makes it tank though, which sucks. Personally I never use fsaa, but w/e.
Anyway, it'd be nice to have more of these benches in the beginning of these posts with ATI hardware as well. That and adding in 3840x800 would be helpful too. But it's nice to finally see some th2go benches.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2009, 10:44 
Editors
Editors

Disagreements and differences of opinion are fine but either post in a civil way or don't post.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2009, 11:00 

Here's the first pass:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/WS_and_WTH_Benchmarking_%28Core_i7_920_and_9800_GX2%29

Gonna add a few more, then drop in the GTX 295 I have sitting here.

Are you running a single GTX 295 ?
If you have another graphic card (8xxx series or higher) sitting around, would you please take a little time to install it as a secondary card dedicated to processing Physx?

My primary concern is whether this will work or not as I read in another forum where a few people report that they cannot get the GTX295 to work with another Physx dedicated card as the system recognizes the GTX295 as in SLI and wont allow it unless the SLI is disabled (ie only 1 core of the GTX295 performs. But obviously this is not a desired solution). Those people also report that this happen for 9800GX2 as well.

BTW, I have checked Nvidia website about Physx configurations. One configuration ("Multi-card") is Card A (for graphic rendering) works together with Card B (for Physx) and Card A does not have to be the same as Card B. However, it does not specify if Card A can be a dual-core graphic card (internally SLied as the 9800GX2 or GTX295).

PS What is your OS?