Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 16:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 22:36 

Hi Everyone,

I did a search before posting but didn´t find much (forgive me if i missed something).

Aniway, i´m going through a nostalgic moment and playing some of my old games (or trying to) obviously i know that they won´t show on all screens, but before (i reformated recently) games like these would display on the center screen, now they don´t, always come up on the left screen, on windows there´s no problem as you can set up matrox to open apps on the middle screen, it´s only with games (so yes i did check the option), also on a side note, i remember there was a way when you start your pc, before you get into windows, that the whole bios and all that you can make it to display only on the middle screen (so it´s not streched through the whole thing), i´m pretty sure that is related to this same issue.

Help please?

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2010, 23:10 

Sorted, for those with the same problem:

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=14184&p=136117#p136117

Obviously wasn´t using the right search terms ; )

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2010, 23:50 

Thanks for the link, you mention that there is a way to make the BIOS, POST etc appear on a particular screen but the link doesn't cover it.
I've tried searching to no avail and a lot of experimenting however I keep getting the POST etc in the same screen combination that windows was shut down in. The reason I want it on one screen is overclocking and because I use GRUB.
Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2010, 03:48 

Hi Shiney,

Yes i know, this problem wasn´t solved for me either, i also use Grub, and it is a real pain in the ass to have it streched like, specially when needing to go into shell before gnome.

I really can´t remember how i did it back in the day, the only difference from now is i was running win 7 instead of xp to configure matrox, but i can´t imagine matrox having more options on 7 than XP, one thing is for sure, i can´t find any option whatsoever reffering to this.