Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 09:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 11 May 2009, 03:29 

**Sorry I was rushing earlier and noticed I put this post in the wrong forums, I had intended it to go here**

Hello all, just a question as I try to delve into the world of Surround Gaming.

I've had triple monitors for awhile, just not monitors of the same size. I've had a Olevia 32 inch HDTV as my main and a Sony 19 inch standard format for my secondary, and some old Sony 20 inch SDTV for my tertiary, but now I recently had the good fortune to pick up another Olevia for a secondary, and my friend has the same model as me so I'm eyeing that up for a tertiary.

Long story short, I've gone over the list of what resolutions the DTH2Go can do, and I just wanted to make sure if when it's mentioned it can do 60 hertz, does that mean it can do all hertz below that up to 60?

I ask because my monitors seem to not be able to do 60 hertz despite listing them as available options.

So basically, I want to run these suckers at either 1280x720 or 1360x768 (native res) @ 59 hertz with the Triple Head.

Also, having the monitors running on HDMI to DVI cables doesn't affect anything, right?

I will be such a sad panda if I find out I can't triple head, so I'm hoping for some good stuff from the Triple Head. Thanks in advance!

~Nathan

PostPosted: 16 May 2009, 21:15 

havent tried these resolutions @ 59hz yet, but if i do i will tell you. so far all i can say is that 3x1360x768 and 3x1280x720 are supported by DTH2G - just take a look at the table on the TripleHead-Wiki .
when it comes to the 59hz im not so sure, but if you look at the top-resolution it says 5040x1050@57hz, so i guess it will work with 59 too.

Edit: just tested 3x1440x900@59hz - worked

PostPosted: 23 May 2009, 02:20 

Thanks Lee, it turned out to be a non-problem.

I got my TH2Go from NewEgg and managed to convince my friend to sell me his HDTV. Got it all hooked up and 1360 x 768 worked out of the box. It seems my monitors lied to me and they CAN do 60 hertz, so there's no problem at all. Tested them out in Eve Online and Source games flawlessly!

I'm so happy with my 96 inches of real estate... Guess I should put pics up later and see if I can do any reviews now...