Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Oct 2024, 19:33

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Witch Card To Get / Help
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 01:39 

Hello new to forum also new to 3 monitors been useing two but now want to be able to surrund picture in games. im not a big gamer, i under stand i need a new card with a display port and then a active converter to dvi to be able to do this on my 3 montiors. so im looking for some cheap but good cards to be able to do this. at the mo im only running xfx 9600 gso... it does the job...

would be greatfull for any help and advice thanks gary

Post subject: how about the XFX Radeon
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 02:03 

how about the XFX Radeon HD5450 ??? pretty basic i no. but how would that compare to my old g/c and useing 3 monitors

edit dont think this one has the display port

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 02:42 
Insiders
Insiders

What is your budget? WHat games are you wishing to play, and what resolutions are your monitors? Pushing 3 displays chews up a LOT of GPU Processing power.

PostPosted: 27 Dec 2011, 05:06 

Thanks for replyng. my budget is about £50 per card or £100 for one card... not much i no but later on inlife when i no how this works i can upgrade.
at the moment i play mw3 and halo. tho am getting more into other games even more now i got 3 monitors

I guess the only way is to use a display port??? i do have two 9600 gso running in sli. so can run upto 4 monitors thur them. is there any way i can do it thur that??? can you exlpain how display port works and if there is any other options for me to take????

my monitors are 1680 x 1050 does this make a bif diffrence then? would be greatfull for you/someone to explaine is possable thanksssss