Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 23:30

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 14:01 

11.8 6950 running 4 screens 3 of which I use in eyefinity for gaming, one above the middle screen for IRC/IM/widgets etc.

I got 2 presets, "extended" and "eyefinity" applying "eyefinity" works just fine, it's as expected, but applying "extended" after that doesn't really work, first time it extends to all my 4 displays just fine, but they're in the wrong configuration, they're sitting next to each other and in the wrong order, if I apply it once again it's correct however this is a tedious thing to do all the time and it messes up all my application locations, they're moved to the next monitor, they're generally mangled and my widgets/gadgets get squashed into a pile, my task bar is put on my middle monitor while I want it on my left, where I put it.

Simply disabling the eyefinity group in CCC makes my bottom 3 displays mirrored for some reason, so that's not a solution.

Is there a better solution than this? I just want to enter eyefinity mode while gaming, then come back to my desktop the way I left it, I don't want to correct a million position related things each time I game... Starting to think SoftTH wasn't so bad...

Post subject: I and many others have
PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 14:17 
Administrators
Administrators

:welcome

I and many others have experienced this issue of needing to select the extended profile twice for it to set correctly, for me it has come and gone, although I have not experienced this for a long time.
I am currently using 11.6 at the momment.

I think 1 solution is to use driver sweeper, in windows safe mode to remove all the ATI drivers, then boot back into normal windows and reinstall the driver and reset the profiles again.

If you dont want to do that, then you could use a .bat file to run the extended profile twice, so you select it once form a shortcut and it will correct for you, more a workaround than a fix of cause.

If you want to use the batch file route then use ths code in a .bat file...

Code:
@ECHO OFF
   ECHO Restoring profiles, please wait . . .
   "C:Program Files (x86)ATI TechnologiesATI.ACECore-StaticCLI.exe" Start Load profilename="extend"
   ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 6000 > NULL
   "C:Program Files (x86)ATI TechnologiesATI.ACECore-StaticCLI.exe" Start Load profilename="extend"

Replace "extend" for your extended monitor profile name.

You can also go a step further and make a .bat file for each game, and replace the icons on your desktop for a number of .bat files.

What this would do is that when you wish to play the game, it will switch to the eyefinity/span profile, load the game, then when you finsh playing the game, it will automaticly switch back to the extended profile.
This gives a similar experience to SoftTh, but with slightly better performance and less of a need to configure SoftTh for each game.

An an example of this would be...
Code:
@ECHO OFF
   ECHO Switching profiles and loading game, please wait . . .
   "C:Program Files (x86)ATI TechnologiesATI.ACECore-StaticCLI.exe" Start Load profilename="span"
   "U:gamesSteamSteamAppscommonleft 4 dead 2left4dead2.exe"
   ECHO Restoring profiles, please wait . . .
   ping 1.1.1.1 -n 1 -w 6000 > NULL

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2011, 16:06 
Editors
Editors

Just saving a profile works perfectly for me since they fixed profiles a few releases back. Going back to a single screen or landscape however both do not work properly the monitor order is wrong so I have to go fix that, or when going back to a single screen the scaling never saves it always reverts back to stretch mode.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 21:43 

You guys are all wrong! I just learned this a month or so ago.

Hit "WINDOW KEY + P"

DUPELICATE will turn on eyefinity.

EXTEND turns it off.

Computer ONLY leaves only your primary monitor on.

Projector ONLY leaves only aux monitors on.

Yes.. It keeps your monitors in the correct order! Proof that CCC sucks.

PostPosted: 17 Sep 2011, 22:06 
Administrators
Administrators

You guys are all wrong! I just learned this a month or so ago.

Hit "WINDOW KEY + P"

DUPELICATE will turn on eyefinity.

EXTEND turns it off.

Computer ONLY leaves only your primary monitor on.

Projector ONLY leaves only aux monitors on.

Yes.. It keeps your monitors in the correct order! Proof that CCC sucks.

So it does!
I use this every day in the office for years, and with vista it was windows+x, yet never tried it at home, works alright, go figure :)

| Gigabyte X79S-UP5-WiFi Skt2011 | i7 4820k @4.4GHz Watercooled (Ivy Bridge-E) | Corsair Vengence 32GB @2133MHz 11-11-11-27 2T Quad-Channel (8x4GB) | AMD R9-Fury-X 4GB @1140/505MHz + EKWB Watercooled | 256GB Crucial MX200 SSD | 8x 1TB Samsung F3 SATA-II | Corsair 850W TX PSU | 3x Dell S2209W 22"wide TFT's (5760x1080res) | Logitech Z-5400 5.1ch speakers | Win7 Ultimate x64 |