Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 13:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2011, 00:07 

Hi gang,

So I've build a new rig and am going from an AMD1055t+5770 eyefintiy to an Intel i5-2500k+6950 setup. My 5770 is running nicely across three 28" i-Inc monitors. Those monitors only have HDMI and VGA inputs, and I connect my 5770 with 2 DVI=>HDMI cables and 1 DP=>DVI adapter (and then DVI=>HDMI cable).

My options are to go with the Flex 6950 from Sapphire or a XFX 6950 2gb. I'm a very experienced computer user going back 25 years, so I understand the technical elements. My question is very specific:

If I use the XFX card, can I connect it to my three monitors with the 2 DVI=>HDMI cables and the third one via my Accell mDP=>DVI adapter and then from that adapter using a DVI=>HDMI cable?

Any guidance from those more learned than I am in these matters would be appreciated. I am unable to ascertain out there on the various forums if this configuration is legit as I have read some odd and strange conflicting stories.

d

Post subject: Should be able to yes.
PostPosted: 07 Aug 2011, 03:11 
Insiders
Insiders

Should be able to yes.

Actually, I think those Flex cards will let you use HDMI with 2x DVI for Eyefinity.

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2011, 04:29 

Yes - the Flex card has a built in converter to make Eyefinity work without an adapter. I've read some conflicting info on the regular 6xxx cards. Thank you for your post.

d