Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 09:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 May 2011, 16:34 

Hello. I've been reading a BUNCH about this "fake" monitor stuff. I have a:
Powercolor PCS+ HD 6970
Accell B087B-006B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Single -Link Active Adapter ATI Certified
1- 23" Samsung SyncMaster P2350 Monitor
2- 23" Acer G235H Monitors
The FIRST time I hooked my adapter up to my card and booted up, it recognized the Samsung monitor on the Display port and I created a display group and "Bezel Compensation" was available and it was in the "recommended" list at the bottom of CCC page along with "Arrange" and one more item. After I rebooted, it listed the monitor on the display port as Unknown and fake.

I switched the display port over to one of the Acer monitors and booted up and it was listed correctly and "Bezel Compensation" was once again listed and I actually performed it and everything was fine..... Until.... I rebooted.

Now I can not fool CCC into recognizing either monitor as anything other than "fake". I can create all the Display groups I want too and games run great at 5760 x 1080 but "Bezel Compensation" is not there anymore. I installed the manufacturers monitor drivers AFTER this and windows lists all three correctly in Device Manager but CCC lists the Display Port monitor as "fake" and will not let me adjust for the Bezels.

Any suggestions are welcome. Aggravating that all of them were listed correctly after the first connection and now I can't get the display port to read anything other than "fake" monitor.

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 18:51 

Update: done some trial and error and: I applied HDTV 1080p profile to all 3 monitors and guess what? I enjoyed bezel adj. at 5940 x 1080 in windows and ran it in Dirt 2 and NFS Shift 2 Unlimited for several tries until......... I rebooted and lost it. Figured out to go straight to Window's "resolution" dialogue and click "detect" and bam! instantly went back to bezel adjusted resolution and this worked for several reboots. Let PC idle for a while and after another reboot....... this quit working. I reapplied the HDTV profiles but it just would not go back to letting me adjust the bezels again. I truly believe this is also windows 7 trying to do more than it needs to do on reboots and helping confuse Catalyst Control Center even further. A restore or a CCC profile save does not work either.

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 20:21 
Insiders
Insiders

Power Cycle the adapter while the computer is on (I.E. Unplug it and replug it). This generally works for me.

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 20:22 

have you looked at the monitors edid
I had 3 22" lcd's but the edid on one of them said the monitor was 24" so ccc wouldnt allow bezel compensation

edid viewer
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/EDID-Viewer.shtml

PostPosted: 19 May 2011, 21:13 

Power Cycle the adapter while the computer is on (I.E. Unplug it and replug it). This generally works for me.

I'm assuming this will be more like unplugging a usb plug and not like a dvi or vga connection as far as causing problems while plugging and unplugging while pc is powered on?

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 07:29 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]Power Cycle the adapter while the computer is on (I.E. Unplug it and replug it). This generally works for me.

I'm assuming this will be more like unplugging a usb plug and not like a dvi or vga connection as far as causing problems while plugging and unplugging while pc is powered on?
You're using a single link dvi adapter right? Unplug the adapter from your card and replug it, while your computer is on.

PostPosted: 20 May 2011, 12:05 

This has worked every time I tried yesterday! When I cycle the adaptor, windows recognizes the display port monitor as the correct Acer one and goes to the saved bezel adjustd resolution of 6960 x 1080 and CCC has the bezel adjustment available BUT does not know that the computer is running at the new bezel adjusted resolution. It still lists it as 5760 x 1080. BUT all games I've tried adjusts to wider res with bezels adjusts perfectly. Now I wished i could get to the back of pc easier. lol. Thanks a million. I'll spread the word.