Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Aug 2024, 15:02

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2011, 22:24 

Hi all. I recently picked up an active Displayport to DVI adapter from Accell so I can run three external monitors side by side and get Eyefinity going. Everything seems to work, got the monitors grouped and displaying correctly and I can choose Eyefinity resolutions in several games including NFS Hot Pursuit and Eve.

However, in several other games that I own I'm hitting a problem. When I choose an Eyefinity resolution, only the top inch or so of the screen renders correctly. The rest of the screen is a smear of the last drawn horizontal line from the top stretching all the way to the bottom of the screen. I tried to capture this in Fraps but it doesn't show up so I took a photo of what I'm describing. What should look like this:

http://byshop.dyndns.org/crysis2good.jpg (Fraps capture)

Looks like this:

http://byshop.dyndns.org/crysis2bad.jpg (digital photograph)

It happens across all three monitors. If I turn off v-sync the glitch still happens but it flickers between the bad and good images.

This occurs in Crysis 2, Fable 3, Fallout NV and even a few of the games that work correctly depending on what resolutions I choose.

I'm running an m17x r2 with a 920xm and dual 5870s. I've tried driver sets 11.4 through 11.6 with no luck. If I blow away the drivers completely, reinstall and then try it works for a short time. But after I disconnect the laptop or change the display settings (i.e. a different display profile) then the glitch comes back until I uninstall and reinstall the drivers.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-Byshop