Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 15 Jul 2024, 18:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010, 08:09 

Hi there

Having spend a couple of days trying to tweak my Flaming cliffs 2 for 5 monitor use i have to say i've started to swear high and loud at Amd/Ati.

Thing is to get it fullscreen i have to combine the Eyefinity (3x1 24") with Softth, (1x24 1920x1200 1x19 1440x900 ) this does work reasonably well but i have trouble with the bezel managment. I can however live with that.

I also have a profile set as every time i do go fullscreen eyefinity will reset my hp w19 (1440x900 native) on to the very left side and set it to a unsupported resolution of 1920x1200, this is the resolution my other monitor that is connected to the secondary 4870 has the 1920 also moves left. (this happens on any fullscreen application)

Also i want to keep my bottom monitor (the hp w19) as a Flipped landscape so i can see whats on it when its on a 30 tilt on my desk for viewing instruments. However everytime i try to start FC2 it will go back to landscape and it will flip my 1920 monitor to flipped landscape. It does not help to switch the outputs on the back of the card. This also happens in window mode when i put my w19 as my primary, however the taskbar is on the correct side while only the game is the wrong way.

And if anyone has a brilliant fix for all this other than grabbing a eyefinity 6 i'd be most gratefull.

PostPosted: 14 Sep 2010, 17:08 

Went on a bit of a rant at the end here this morning, sorry about that, was tired and a little off. (edited out)