Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 07:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 01:50 

So I just bought 3 24" monitors and hooked them all up to my 5970 and active displayport adapter.

Eyefinity works, and I can get it working in Fallout 3, but nothing else seems to work. I tried a few games, and BSODed. So I came here and read a little bit and ended up downloading SoftTH. After copying the files to the directory, I loaded up WOW and saw that the option to change my resolution to my 5760 x 1080, but when I hit accept the game crashes and I get an error.

I followed the quickstart guide but not exactly sure what to do in step D

a) The game uses the default display adapter (primary monitor, this will be the middle screen)
b) The game uses a triplescreen resolution, the TH resolutions should appear in the list of resolutions
c) Game runs in full screen mode
d) Driver-enforced and game set antialiasing should be disabled, use SoftTH cfg setting instead

I don't see where to turn off antialiasing in wow and/or driver-enforced cfg.

Can anyone help this noob?

Also, is there any program that can save my desktop icon locations? A lot of times after launching a game it will re-arrange them all.

Thanks

PostPosted: 14 May 2010, 23:21 

Yea so I realized that SoftTH requires two video cards. I have a 5970.

NVM I guess. Still having problems with some games though.

PostPosted: 15 May 2010, 08:41 

You don't need SoftTH in conjunction with eyefinity. They are alternative technologies so you should uninstall that and solve your eyefinity problems first.

WoW works with eyefinity. The lowest setting for AA in WoW is 1x but why do you want to turn it off? Performance isn't going to be an issue with your card.

If your getting crashes and BSOD's you need to check card temperatures, correct driver installation, system stability (CPU, RAM).

Make sure all of your components are running at stock speeds and adequately cooled and remove the current driver and install the latest WHQL driver currently 10.4 and try again.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 05:53 

Also, is there any program that can save my desktop icon locations? A lot of times after launching a game it will re-arrange them all.

Try the freeware program "fences" by Stardock: http://www.stardock.com/products/fences/

With it you can customize, save, and restore snapshots of your desktop arrangement.

PostPosted: 16 May 2010, 18:16 

Did you have another card before your 5970? If so, did you make sure to sweep the drivers first before installing the drivers for the 5970? What drivers are you running anyway? And BSOD's aren't all 'mysterious' ... keep track of what it says on the screen and maybe a quick google can tell you what's messing it up.