Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 21:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 24 Feb 2010, 10:16 

Hey Guys,
Well it seems that the monitor I was planning on going Eyefinity x3 with doesn't like the adapter.
Can you confirm what monitors your'e using with the apple adapter please ?
Ideally looking for a 24" with a black glossy bezel so it at least somewhat matches my current monitors.

Thanks in advance :)

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 11:05 

No-one using an Apple adapter?

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 12:56 

I use an apple Adapter but I have a 22". The apple adapter isn't on the list of recommended devices supplied by AMD though.

If your current adapter doesnt work properly with any of the 3 monitors you have now there is a good chance it won't work on another monitor.

It would be better to try another adapter or flash your ATI card with an updated BIOS that increases the displayport signal strength.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 15:15 

It works fine on the sammy here just none of the dell's and I've tested 2 dell models :(

I've been unable to find the bios atm, posted a request in another thread but it seems quite quiet here.

using a Sapphire 5870 if you know where I can locate the correct Bios

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 09:52 
Administrators
Administrators

I use the Apple adapter on a range of ATI's drivers since Eyefinity first came out on my ViewSonic monitors. Only use 22's atm though but in general the ViewSonics have been gold.

Also something to try, I was having hell with my Eyefinity setup with the Apple adapter on either outside monitor. Once I moved it to the centre monitor (so it always stays on during boot and single screen mode as well as three screen), not an issue since.

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 15:37 
Insiders
Insiders

I use the apple adapter, but in stock trim I would advise that you stay very far away from it, I have modified it for a full size Displayport connector and also used higher quality cable [this pretty much fixes any link drop outs, at worst maybe once a week I have to power cycle it] - stock config/cable it would drop out every 30 seconds or so.

Pretty funny that it costs 180 odd dollars and doesnt work properly ($180 New Zealand dollars anyways)

[Edit] More specifically, I use Chimei 24EH monitors [/Edit]

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 27 Feb 2010, 23:34 

Using it with (3) 28" Hanss-G/I-Inc brand. Works okay. Plugging the USB power cable into a wall outlet adapter directly rather than one of the computer's USB ports.

I did not take mine apart, or make any modifications to it, I just bought the correct cable.