Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 23:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 21:54 

10.1 has been released and yet there is still no Bezel Management, still no fix for the refresh rate bug some people are getting (myself included) still no profile support, hot-keys are still non functioning... ohhhh but hey 4% performance increase in Crysis! ATI i am disappointed :(

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:13 

The release notes (PDF) make for grim reading. Check out the end of page 5/start of page 6. Points 2,3 and 5 won't exactly fill people who are on the fence about eyefinity with confidence :shock: . Point 7 is just scary :hide but hopefully will be sorted by a combination of driver tweaks and a new BIOS.

Really looking forward to Bezel Management whenever it shows up.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:19 

# 10.1 is just a standard release to fix up some bugs, but 10.2 and 10.3 will indeed have some major new features

http://twitter.com/catalystmaker

What do you mean by profile support? As in different monitor configurations? I have a couple of profiles, one is EF, the other just regular 3x extended. I can switch them fine with hot-keys, although I usually have to push them more than once. I'm on 9.12 btw.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 23:23 

Yep thats what he means, i cant believe its still not fixed nearly 4 months later. takes me about 20 goes and sometimes a reboot to get back into eyefinity. Still no sign of bezel management either. Grey Screen of death getting on my nerves, never had a card that crashed so much, just about ready to RMA it.

Read a lot of bad stuff about ATI drivers in the past, thought it was just Nvidia Fanboy carp, but now i'm starting to believe.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 00:42 

Yep thats what he means, i cant believe its still not fixed nearly 4 months later. takes me about 20 goes and sometimes a reboot to get back into eyefinity. Still no sign of bezel management either. Grey Screen of death getting on my nerves, never had a card that crashed so much, just about ready to RMA it

Are you overclocking?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:10 

[quote]Yep thats what he means, i cant believe its still not fixed nearly 4 months later. takes me about 20 goes and sometimes a reboot to get back into eyefinity. Still no sign of bezel management either. Grey Screen of death getting on my nerves, never had a card that crashed so much, just about ready to RMA it

Are you overclocking?

Dave seriously what is going on why are the shortcuts still not fixed? When can I expect them to work? When can we expect to start seeing some form of bezel mgmt?

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:38 

Seriously guys you should not have gotten your hopes up for 10.1. Everyone who read through those threads should have known that the list of fixes, and new features were being worked on, and implemented over "the coming months"(Catalyst 10.1, .2, .3, .4). 10.1 being the earliest of those I would automatically think it would be the most about bug fixes and the least about adding new features. Though I am hoping this version will allow my third monitor to work in Ubuntu:). I really don't have too many issues with most of the games I've tried it on.(ME1 & 2 don't work though). I have had some weird issues with corruption while using 10.1 beta 1 with factory bios, and 10.1(with 8.70 packaging version) with updated bios. I've experienced the cursor corruption much more frequently than the whole center screen corruption. The Dirt2 icon corruption was something that popped up only once on 10.1 Beta1 but then wouldn't go away(Which either newest 8.70 package or bios update fixed). While the cursor corruption seemed to occur over 9.12 hotfix, 10.1 beta 1, 10.1(8.70). If you have no idea what I'm talking about look through Ryan's thread over @ pcper
http://forums.pcper.com/showthread.php?t=468915&page=3

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 01:48 

Be careful what information you base your expectations on! I'd say the best places to get your information on upcoming driver updates are:
http://twitter.com/catalystmaker
and
http://blogs.amd.com/play/category/bloggers/jay-marsden/

I think I remember Kyle of the [H] saying sometime last year to not expect bezel management until the march 2010 timeframe, but things could have easily have changed since then. :)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 02:04 
Insiders
Insiders

Awe lame :(

Bezel management and fixed shortcuts are the only two things I'm really aching for. Though I'd take bezel management over anything else at the mo', since FPS games look like ass without it.

But i knew about ATI's and their (sometimes) driver release dog-fuckery when i bought the card, so I guess I'll have to be patient.

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2010, 03:19 

Ive noticed overclocking and eyefinity really dont mix well.

Though 4% in crysis is 4% in mechwarriors, so Im happy about that.

Bzl mgmt wouldve been nice too.