Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 07:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 03:31 

I just installed Mass Effect 2 (Released) from steam and am having the same issues as the OP. The game is running at 5040x1050 on ATI 5870 the 3d part looks fine but it feels like all of the menu's are blown way up and you can only see a small portion of them. I could not even register the game because all of the buttons to agree to the terms are below the screen.

I am curious why Dragon Age Origins works fine and Mass Effect 2 does not and they use the same engine. Maybe some minor tweaks somewhere could fix this. Though it is disappointing on launch day to find all this out.

Edit: sorry I meant to post under this thread http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18199

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 04:53 

I am curious why Dragon Age Origins works fine and Mass Effect 2 does not and they use the same engine.

Wrong, Dragon Age uses an In-house engine (Eclipse), ME and ME2 use Unreal Engine 3.

Which is why ME2 looks so much better than DA:O.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 07:10 

You are right, the setup tool looked exactly the same but the engine is different. Eclipse for DAO and UE3 for Mass Effect 2.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2010, 13:02 

You are right, the setup tool looked exactly the same but the engine is different. Eclipse for DAO and UE3 for Mass Effect 2.

hehe

But yeah traditional UE3 problems exist :(