Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 17 Sep 2024, 14:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 21:15 

I can't seem to get tit to work properly in games. It just stretches the screen and doesn't offer extra FOV. What am I doing wrong? I have an eyefinity group setup but it's not working right... :( Help me out please.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 22:54 

in the game, try setting the FOV to auto, or just play with some of the widescreen settings, toggle settings back and forth... I had to do that for some games to rid myself of the stretched look.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 23:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Sounds to me that you're not using triple-wide resolutions, or are using it on games that need a fix to get it going in triple. Almost every game I've tried so far lists the Eyefinity resolution right away - faaaaaar at the end of the resolutions lists.

I assume you're able to get the single, wide, triple-screen Eyefinity desktop in Windows, right? Assumgin you ahve that already set up, it's mostly jsut a mtter of selecting your resolution in the options. I've treid about 10 games so far on mine and the res has been available in all but one. That's where the Master Games List comes in - it links to info for hacks of tweaks you may need to get triple-wide going. Oh, adn MW2 needed a fix, but a WSGF member is already makign fixes for that.

What games are you trying to play?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 15:42 

I was able to get it working for some games by setting it to a 16:9 aspect. Such as Dirt2/L4D2/TF2, but some games just don't offer that option and I can't figure it out. MW2 and Farcry 2 are some that don't work for me. Do I need to DL a program. I had tried widescreenfixer or something like that, the latest verison that supported MW2. It said the fix was running, I tried starting the game before, after, and during...no success/change.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 20:35 

I was having the same exact problem...

Use http://imk.cx/pc/widescreenfixer/ and see if that fixes it

:cheers

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 23:41 

Yeah I did...I said that I used that program in the above post. Did it work for you? What method did you use?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 23:44 

Sounds to me that you're not using triple-wide resolutions, or are using it on games that need a fix to get it going in triple. Almost every game I've tried so far lists the Eyefinity resolution right away - faaaaaar at the end of the resolutions lists.

I assume you're able to get the single, wide, triple-screen Eyefinity desktop in Windows, right? Assumgin you ahve that already set up, it's mostly jsut a mtter of selecting your resolution in the options. I've treid about 10 games so far on mine and the res has been available in all but one. That's where the Master Games List comes in - it links to info for hacks of tweaks you may need to get triple-wide going. Oh, adn MW2 needed a fix, but a WSGF member is already makign fixes for that.

What games are you trying to play?

Could you please provide a link to this "Master Games List" ?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 05:08 
Editors
Editors

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/Essential_Games_List

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 05:14 
Insiders
Insiders

I was able to get it working for some games by setting it to a 16:9 aspect. Such as Dirt2/L4D2/TF2, but some games just don't offer that option and I can't figure it out. MW2 and Farcry 2 are some that don't work for me. Do I need to DL a program. I had tried widescreenfixer or something like that, the latest verison that supported MW2. It said the fix was running, I tried starting the game before, after, and during...no success/change.

you do know that you're supposed to hit a button to get widescreenfixer to work right?

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 05:57 

[quote]I was able to get it working for some games by setting it to a 16:9 aspect. Such as Dirt2/L4D2/TF2, but some games just don't offer that option and I can't figure it out. MW2 and Farcry 2 are some that don't work for me. Do I need to DL a program. I had tried widescreenfixer or something like that, the latest verison that supported MW2. It said the fix was running, I tried starting the game before, after, and during...no success/change.

you do know that you're supposed to hit a button to get widescreenfixer to work right?

yes