Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 29 Aug 2024, 07:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next
PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:57 

I now have a desktop shortcut to an installation program/ Double click on the shortcut the screen goes dark. dialog ask the question do you want to install click on No and get returned to desktop with the DP to VGA screen kicked back into life. Its not elegant but it works

Sounds like it just needs a mode change. When your screen refuses to wake up, try applying a different desktop resolution using the Windows controls, then switch it back to the one you want. See if that has the same effect as running the install program.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 13:15 

[quote]

I now have a desktop shortcut to an installation program/ Double click on the shortcut the screen goes dark. dialog ask the question do you want to install click on No and get returned to desktop with the DP to VGA screen kicked back into life. Its not elegant but it works

Sounds like it just needs a mode change. When your screen refuses to wake up, try applying a different desktop resolution using the Windows controls, then switch it back to the one you want. See if that has the same effect as running the install program.

Windows 7 can't see the monitor once the link has been broken so I can't change the resolution. The install program method is quick and easy to use so I'll stick with this for the time being.

I have installed the new 9.12 CCC now. I think that came out yesterday.

CCC profiles don't seem to work, I can create a profile for a spanned desktop but I then cannot activate it. I can activate an extended desktop profile, so for the time being I'm going to run a spanned desktop.

I have got LFS and DIRT 2 working on the 3 monitors.

At present I have had not encountered the flickering monitor problem some of the above have seen, although I am only running in 5040x1050 resolution. This problem maybe seen at resolutions higher than this but with my monitors that's as high as I can go.

Apart from the profiles not working correctly I think I can say for my particular setup the DP to VGA adapter gets a big thumbs up.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 20:22 

I've got a 5770 that runs 2 19" inch Dell 1905's in a group (1 using a displayport to vga adapter) @ 2560x1024 without issue but I cannot get a group of 3 1905's going as I keep getting the link failure.
One thing I am questioning is my PSU upto it or do I need the Active DP adapter?
I have an Antec Neo 550 (not the best psu I know :wink: ) could it be the x3 group is just asking too much from it?
I have seen others with the same issue & much more powerful PSU's than mine what do you think?

Thanks!

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 11:16 

I found when setting up a group with monitors is this

1. Make DP to VGA monitor the primary monitor
2, Disable the other two monitors
3. Make the group using the still enabled DP to VGA monitor.

I found that if I disabled the DP to VGA monitor and created a group from one of the others the link to the DP->VGA became disabled

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 17:44 

Ok here goes, hope posting this don't jinx my setup. I uninstalled ATI drivers. Flashed my card ( Asus 5870) with the new BIOS ,as posted here on forum, reboot, installed new 9.12 hotfix drivers and so far no flickering of screen on and off( DP screen) and my line distortion on the other 2 screens are also gone.
Really hope this is the fix i was hoping for. Will give updates

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 03:46 

Well this sux.

I Followed the advice in this thread and ordered the adapter from monoprice.

Well my monitor will only stay on for a few seconds then flicker.....

Awesome 3 x 275 bux for the Monitors, 400 for the card and its still doesn't work guess ati really hasn't changed

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2009, 08:51 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems. Most of us here had one or other issue but stuck with it. The DP to VGA works for some but not all . The only proven way is to get a DP Screen. Sapphire are advertising the Active converter which are working( claimed) but no ETA or pricing.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2009, 12:58 

Well this sux.

I Followed the advice in this thread and ordered the adapter from monoprice.

Well my monitor will only stay on for a few seconds then flicker.....

Awesome 3 x 275 bux for the Monitors, 400 for the card and its still doesn't work guess ati really hasn't changed

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Have you updated the drivers to the 9.12 hotfix version ? I am running a 5040x1050 resolution that work OK and I have not had the flickering problem. I also have a 1000w PSU not sure whether this has a bearing on things.

My question now is has anyone got crossfire working. The hotfix version states that it now supports crossfire and I get the crossfire option in the CCC but I am not seeing any graphical performance gain. How can you tell whether crossfire is working ?

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 00:15 

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Have you updated the drivers to the 9.12 hotfix version ? I am running a 5040x1050 resolution that work OK and I have not had the flickering problem. I also have a 1000w PSU not sure whether this has a bearing on things.

My question now is has anyone got crossfire working. The hotfix version states that it now supports crossfire and I get the crossfire option in the CCC but I am not seeing any graphical performance gain. How can you tell whether crossfire is working ?

I believe i did install the hotfix... now im uncertain ill have to double check but i believe it is.

Im trying to run 3x 24' monitors at 1920x1080 (sorry not sure what the true widescreen resolution is) I saw that their is a bios fix for the 5870 but im running the 5850....

PostPosted: 26 Dec 2009, 10:28 

Just ordered my DP -> VGA converter. Have got three HP screens, two 20" w2007 and one 22" w2228h. Hope this works - will post my updates when the adapter arrives!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 31  Next