Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 18:59 

check PM

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 23:48 

Okay thanks. Sent you the wallpaper. Enjoy :)

Psygnosi :D

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 19:05 

Guys, please guide me since I'm totally lost and SO frustrated.

I have 3 DVI/VGA 24' monitors. Connected only two via available DVI on my 5850. As I understand I need active DPtoDVI adapter. In our country I can buy only 2 adapters:

Displayport to DVI with IC chipset (what does IC chipset means?)

and this one

I believe they will not work, right? :(

If so, can I use configuration #5 from this ATI specs

with that DP to VGA adapter (we have only this available in our country)

Basically 2 x DVItoVGA and 1 x DP to VGA for Eyefinity.

Thank You.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2010, 04:47 

Registered just for this:

I had the same problem where the monitor that was connected through the DVI-Displayport Adapter kept going on and off randomly, especially when in Eyefinity mode.

Im glad to say though that since Ive updated to 10.3 (uninstalled 10.2 then used ati remove app to completely remove all drivers) my monitor has ceased to shut on and off!

Also the issue with CCC forgetting icon positions and monitor arrangements when switching monitor profiles is now fixed! YEA to 10.3!

Hope this helps!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2010, 10:03 

Well, I got my Sapphire/Bizlink adapter about five days ago and lo and behold, I had the blinking issue with the monitor hooked to the displayport. Since then, I've been all over the net looking for the solution. I called vendors and have open tickets with ATI and Sapphire, No useful response yet. But I don't care, I found the answer here. Download the BIOS on page 6 of this mother of all threads and follow the instructions almost to the letter.

A tip: when you create your bootable USB stick, unpack the atiflash executable and associated files, including the ati5870.rom file, (that's what you wanna rename the bios image file to), onto the root of the bootable USB device. This way atiflash.exe will be sure to find it. Once at C:/atiflash; I used " -p 0 ati5870.rom" to flash one card then used "-p 1 ati5870.rom" to flash the other. That's what worked for me. Remember that typing atiflash -h will list the commands and possible syntax to use. Some of the flags I tried didn't work so hot, but the above did the deed.

So, I strongly suggest folks hold off on the complaining, justified tho' it is and just apply the solution Mr. Bauman has kindly provided. This is a fortunate forum to be hosting the solution. At this time, it seems to be the only place where all the pieces of the puzzle come together.

Thank you, Mr. Bauman, but don't break your arm patting yourself on the back, there's a lot of people flailing around out there looking for this solution. ATI is doing a crappy job of getting the word out, in fact there is misleading info by someone without a clue on the AMD website.

If any of this is unclear, go back and read what others have said about using atiflash. I don't intend to describe the process in detail. BUT IT WORKS!

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2010, 20:12 

Well I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I have a MSI 5850 card with 3 acer X213H monitors and I ordered the bizlink adapter from Dell. When I hooked it up I had the flashing display problem like alot of other people and it started right away. I also got horizontal white lines on the monitor with the display port adapter but the other monitors were fine. I tried all the fixes that I found on this site but none of them worked. It did not try flashing my bios to a different one. My son ordered the same adapter from Dell 2 months ago so he let me try his out and there was no flashing at all with his. So I contacted Dell and they shipped me out another one and it worked great. I have no more flashing and the monitor even shows the display faster when it is turned on. Even when I switched from desktop to games the adapter switched real fast. I found the old one would come on slow when I turned on the computer and when it was showing the post screen it was slow to start the display. I think it is hit and miss for the adapters. Both of the adapters showed the same firmware version on the tag. Thank you Dell for the service. Now all I have to do is figure out how to return the defective one so they don't charge me for the replacement.

PostPosted: 19 Apr 2010, 15:29 

Does anyone know where i can buy an Active Displayport to Dvi adapter in Australia?
Or somewhere that will send to Australia? (Dell dosnt BTW)

I have 2 extra 24" BenQ's sitting here collecting dust because i got me a 5870 and 2 more LCDs thinking 'a cable will be easy enough to get if i throw enough money at it', how wrong was i?

Help would be impossibly awesome.

Cheers.

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2010, 12:31 

I had no problems with the DP -> DVI screen flashing when I was using Catalyst 10.3. I did the silly thing of trying out those nifty 10.5 betas floating around, and there was much flickering. I went and tried the slighty more official 10.4 preview drives, and the flickering still continues, albiet less often.

The flickering occurs only once a day (almost every day), and only by unplugging/plugging the monitor back in will fix it. It will happen either when playing a game or just sitting on the desktop doing nothing special. I like the performance improvements in the 10.4 drivers, and hopefully this isuue will be rectified in the official 10.4s.

Just my experience, I can live with it for now.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 01:26 

I flashed bios, it worked for a few weeks with only minor loss. 10.3 Increased the dropping of my adaptered monitor to once every few hours, but was normally easily fixed by just changing resolution and then back again. 10.4 Complete loss of adaptered monitor. Nothing gets it back up and running. I've unplugged usb and replugged which drops the group. I've rebooted, I've replaced dvi cables. To be quite honest I'm really starting to hate Eyefinity. It's become such a pain in my ass constantly trying to work around these monitor issues. 2k dropped to get this setup and ATI can't bother to get off their asses to find a solution. I'll be RMA's my Dell/Accell active DP/DVI adapter as a last resort. If it doesn't work then I'm just going to RMA my 3x 2209wa's and go back to single monitor. I'm fed up with this.

PostPosted: 01 May 2010, 02:15 

There is a 10.4 thread where I have posted a video of my problem. However since then I have reformatted and reinstalled 10.4 and now my profiles are working again however one of my monitors shuts off every once in a while. None of this happened before I went to 10.4 and the whole reason I decided to reformat was because I beleive the drivers are not uninstalling correctly.

I suggest everyone to check out the 10.4 thread and post your exp.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next