Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 02:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next
PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 04:53 

Sapphire gave me a BIOS to test for my 5770, but it didn't work for me.

Dear Sir :

This VBIOS only for SKU#21163-10-xxR

Please download the atiflash tool that only can use under pure dos mode here -

http://www1.sapphiretech.com/global/lib_files/40.zip

Then check the SOP step1 to step7 to make a bootable USB stick that can help to boot into pure dos mode -

http://www1.sapphiretech.com/global/lib_files/103.zip

Please help to update this latest VBIOS here at first - http://www1.sapphiretech.com/global/lib_files/115.zip

After booting into pure dos mode , please type below command after prompt

atiflash -p 0 132X13H6.S46 -f

BTW , flashing the VBIOS from offical side will not void the warranty.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 18:21 

HIS 5870

Accell Adapter DP-Dual link DVI via Dell

Bios flash from page 6.

Before the flash the 3rd monitor was constantly tearing and going out completely. After the flash I see no tearing and the monitor hasn't gone down while playing. There have been a few times after waking the pc up from sleep that the 3rd monitor was non-responsive, but a quick reboot fixed it.

Not a 100% fix, but close enough for me.

I've used this for about a week now.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 03:29 

HIS 5870

Accell Adapter DP-Dual link DVI via Dell

Bios flash from page 6.

Before the flash the 3rd monitor was constantly tearing and going out completely. After the flash I see no tearing and the monitor hasn't gone down while playing. There have been a few times after waking the pc up from sleep that the 3rd monitor was non-responsive, but a quick reboot fixed it.

Not a 100% fix, but close enough for me.

I've used this for about a week now.

Cool I am going to install my 5870's on monday (cant wait) unfortunatly Instead of just buying a monitor that came with a built in display port I bought an active display port adapter and 2 more lcd's with out native display ports.. Just in case I have too ( crossing my fingers I wont ) flash my 5870 bios, I will use the one on page 6, but can anyone link me a thread or some quick directions on how to set up and perfrom a bios flash for a vga card??? I would much appreciate it I have spare cards lying around but i still dotn want to brick my 400 dollar card/s.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2010, 21:28 

Hi all

I am considering buying a 5970 for my eyfinity setup. I am currently using 3x Samsung 2494HM monitors at 1920 x 1080 resolutions. I am looking into purchasing either the Sapphire or Belkin active DP to DVI adapter.

From what I understand that there is an BIOS update for the 5800 series cards which fixes the Active DP to DVI flickering issue. I just wanted to know if other 5970 users are having issues using an Active DP to DVI adapter.

Thanks

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 01:27 

Okay so I just joined to reply, I am new to gaming and use my three monitors for music composing and image editing but hey ho, same problem. I have a PowerColor SCS3 HD5750 connected using three monitors two Lenovo 19"s and one Samsung Sync Master 932mw 19". One of the Lenovo's I am using a DVI to DP adapter from Sapphire.

In the last few days I have been reading every post in the subject, and I just ended up wanting to scream at Ati.

Here's a list of what I have done so far...

1, Changed around all monitors and cables.
2, Brought new cables.
3, Tried DP to my HDTV.
4, Tried different resolutions.
5, Updated my motherboard bios.
6, Changed motherboard bios settings.
7, Tried plugging adapter into USB hub.
8, Brought more powerful hub.
9, Looked for the right firmware for my card but could not find one.
10, Checked to see if it was getting too hot.
11, Brought a ton of cooling products (inc 1000w psu and 7 fans) and new case (card running 34c at idle)
12, Tried Under-clocking card.
13, Got sick of this and brought a disport monitor (DELL E1909WDD).

The issues I was having was, blinking off and on after 20 min's on the disport dvi to display port adaptor monitor, flickering on the dp & one dvi when using ati overdrive no matter what setting was used.

I will update you tomorrow night when the new monitor turns up. If it's fixed or not! I know I don't have have the greatest or the high rez setup but it proves that no matter what rez it still happens.

On the other hand if anyone else is using 19" monitors then, listen up! If this works then here's a link to ebay where I got my 19" disport monitor for £99 ( http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200425330549&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_5428wt_1073 ) six left. I been doing research into this and found that the DELL E1909WDD was used in one of Ati's "in depth look" pdf's link here ( http://www.amd.com/la/Documents/ATI_Eyefinity_Technology_Brief.pdf ). If you do a searchit show's in one of the picture's and it states they was using six DELL E1909WDD's. So it don't work this will be a fun email to write to Ati.

Kind Regards

Chrisie

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2010, 18:46 

Okay the monitor turned up, matches up perfect with the Lenovos and not had one hickup :), very very happy and tested on.... COD World Of Warfare 2, Quake 3, Left For Dead 2 and not a flicker or a blink.

A very happy Chrisie!

P.S, Only one problem the extension cable did not turn up so pc on the floor. The cables are to find too but I got one from Amazon on the way tomorrow or Thursday.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 04:12 

I just wanted to tell people that my problem wasnt the bios update, and it wasnt the active display adapter. My problem I believe was 2 issues. 1.) was a bad display port connection on the graphics card itself. 2.) Some of the blinking was from the actual driver version 10.1, not sure about 9.12 and before. I switched out the video cards and put my primary card to the second slot and loaded up catalyst 10.2 and the blinking stopped. :cheers however after I tested some games in crossfire configuration I was sorely dissapointed at the performance/quality.. so I switched back to 10.1 and experianced some blinking. I would notice white/grey lines pop up then the monitor would go black. This only happend once every few minutes as opposed to several times a minute. So my blinking was caused by two different things. Debating on rma'ing my other card because of it.

ps crossfire is horrid with eyefinity.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2010, 10:39 

[quote]Has there been any "official" BIOS updates from any of the 5770 makers as yet?

I got the impression that ATI have informed them all of the DP problems, it seems they are a bit slow in reacting?

Create support tickets with you AiB. Sapphire appear to be resonding to theirs:

http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1035279676&postcount=87

It took a couple of weeks, but I finally got a reply from XFX on this issue. The response is that they do not have an updated BIOS for my 5770. :?:

My 5770 has the bios version 012.013.000.001.034705, of which I know there are later versions. I guess I'll have to try the ATi version since XFX don't seem able to help.

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 19:45 

So, I flashed my bios with the bios on page 6. I then used a DP-VGA adapter for a while that was working decently, but I would still see a monitor flicker once every 20 minutes or so. I decided to order the bizlink DP-DVI adapter from Dell. I installed it last night and my flickering actually got massively worse... So, I'm going to be switching it back to the VGA adapter for now, but what should I do to fix all my problems? Can anyone give me ideas?

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 23:08 

After doing some more research I realized that I screwed up my BIOS flash. I got Error 0FL01 and didn't realize it. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to perform the flash properly but I can't seem to get around the error code. I've used atiflash and flashrom. I've named the file several different short names. I've changed it from .bin to .rom and vice versa. I've used all sorts of combinations of codes like atiflash -f - p 0 ati.bin, atiflash -p 0 ati.bin -f, flashrom -f -p 0 ati.rom

All sorts of combinations and I can't get the bios update to take. Anyone who got the new bios on their 5870 care to share some feedback? I have an ASUS 5870 btw.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48  Next