Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 05:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 09:59 

Ok I just got an ACCELL DP>DVI adapter P/N B087B-002B which is listed as validated for Eyefinity http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

Straight up I get the monitor going on and off and getting lines through it. Then it just goes totally black (but the monitor doesn't turn off like it would if you unplug the DVI cable). I tried all the usual tests, swapping monitors, cables, USB sockets etc

I'm running two Sapphire 5770s in Crossfire which both have the same BIOS:

BIOS Version: 012.013.000.001
BIOS Part Number: 113-C01001-100
BIOS Date: 2009/10/02

I got this hoping to solve the loosing DP Link problem when switching between Extended & Eyefinity. I've gone back to my DP > VGA connector :(

Hopefully there will be a BIOS update or Driver update that will fix it so I can try it again.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 14:20 

I'm looking at replacing the Gateway with either the Dell 2408WFP, the Dell U2410, or the LA2405wg. The LA seems to be a new TN panel by HP. Haven't seen any reviews on it yet, but it's about $100 cheaper than the Dells. Any reccomendations?

The LA2405wg has a horrid viewing angle. The Dell 2408WFP has a better Contrast ratio then the LA2405wg The top and bottom bezels of the HP are silver .

For me. Just the viewing angle factor alone would be worth the extra $100 to get a Dell

Go Dell

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 17:27 

I'm using a 5870 with Eyefinity connected to 3 47" Vizio SV470XVT1A LCD screens. I'm using the Dell Active DP to DVI adapter and was experiencing intermittent loss of sync as well as lines on the screen. It would stop if I turned the TV off and then back on but would eventually come back after a little while.

I upgraded the bios yesterday and used it all day without having any blackouts but I did notice some flickering while on the windows desktop after a few hours. The flickering was not present when I was gaiming though but if I switched back to the desktop the flickering was still present.

I'm also noticing a drop in frame rates in iRacing of about 20fps and I'm not sure what the cause is but the only change I've made was to upgrade the bios. Has anyone else seen a reduction in frame rates after upgrading the bios?

...Mike

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 18:57 

I'm using a 5870 with Eyefinity connected to 3 47" Vizio SV470XVT1A LCD screens. I'm using the Dell Active DP to DVI adapter and was experiencing intermittent loss of sync as well as lines on the screen. It would stop if I turned the TV off and then back on but would eventually come back after a little while.

I upgraded the bios yesterday and used it all day without having any blackouts but I did notice some flickering while on the windows desktop after a few hours. The flickering was not present when I was gaiming though but if I switched back to the desktop the flickering was still present.

I'm also noticing a drop in frame rates in iRacing of about 20fps and I'm not sure what the cause is but the only change I've made was to upgrade the bios. Has anyone else seen a reduction in frame rates after upgrading the bios?

...Mike

I haven't not yet checked the FPS of any games I've played but have ran Vantage before and after the bios flash. My scores were similar.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 03:11 

...Mike

Dayymmmmm. 3x47"? Wouldn't you need something like a 12' desk?

BTW, I see no loss of performance after my BIOS upgrade. It's been running fine for a few weeks now. Absolutely stable.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 04:40 

[quote]I'm using a 5870 with Eyefinity connected to 3 47" Vizio SV470XVT1A LCD screens. I'm using the Dell Active DP to DVI adapter and was experiencing intermittent loss of sync as well as lines on the screen. It would stop if I turned the TV off and then back on but would eventually come back after a little while.

...Mike

Dayymmmmm. 3x47"? Wouldn't you need something like a 12' desk?

BTW, I see no loss of performance after my BIOS upgrade. It's been running fine for a few weeks now. Absolutely stable.

Not quite...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZBN8T_7EWc&feature=related

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 16:08 

Just an Update

I flashed my 5850 2 days ago and have played for about 8 hours of wow on it. The first day the dp ->vga didnt blink but the monitor attached to the lower dvi port seems to goto sleep and quick power cycle on the monitor brings it up.

The 2nd day of the dp -> vga did blink 4 times in 3 hours of gaming.

So all in all the flash worked but the 2nd dvi->dvi monitor being weird ill worry about that one later

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 17:16 

Second night of play wasn't quite as long, about 2 hours of IL-2 Sturmovik. Still no blinking I am quite pleased to report.

I'm still curious to pinpoint whatever strange middle-ground between these adapters and the AMD 5000 DP ports causes all this grief. And also if there is something to be done to guarantee stable operation in the way of a bios update I would like to apply it, even if this adapter proves itself blink free over the next couple days. But thus far there has been no bios with increased DP strength posted for 5770 owners.

For now I am happy with my 5000 line wide IL-2 cockpit, and wont tempt any fates for the time being.

Now if only Diamond would send me my free copy of Dirt 2... its been 30 days since i sent my UPC in... heh.

:?

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 19:38 

I decided to go with the Dell U2410. Hate paying that much for a monitor, but it should be worth it. It will also be nice not having to deal with any type of DP adapter.

Should be here in a week.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 22:52 

Just wanted to update everyone I still have NOT had any problems since the BIOS Update on my 5870 I did on the 8th. It has now been a week with no problems so thanks for posting that. I honestly think that was the real fix and I could not be happier right now. I have been able to play games, switch from eyefinity to extended and have not exp any flashing or flickering. This is truly an amazing exp now that everything is working how it should.

Now just waiting for a driver update to fix those shortcut/hotkey problems, and add bezel management.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 48  Next