Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2010, 03:06 

I mean I would have given up on this set up a long time ago, with all the crap I have tried to make it work properly

Well... tonight I did give up on it . at least for now. and I even have native displayport. Out of the 6 months I've had this set up, probably have only had about 3 months that has been what i would consider a good gaming experience. things were going good with my active display port adapter and 3 asus monitors with 10.3 . but ever sense i upgraded to the 3 Dell ips panels I've had nothing but issues. windows flickering . monitor cutting out randomly. and a messed up cursor, and severe stuttering in games.

My setup now sits on the garage workbench. I just held out because of all the freaken money i put into it . and the hopes of ATI getting the issues fixed. But it seems there not concerned with eyefinity and crossfire working properly.

I know some people haven't had any issues and thats great . but I get tired of them. (not on this forum) but other forums saying that because they dont have any issues then the problem must be with your system. Just google eyefinity and crossfire problems and see all the issues people are having. they think that if they don't have the problem then it must not exist.

It should at least warrant some consideration and dedication to customers to get this crap resolved.

I'll wait until I start hearing people talk about there setups working. and then consider setting it up again. untill then I will be trying to get used to one monitor again. which I'm finding very difficult after getting used to such a large resolution.

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 00:57 

McKie - really sorry to hear about this... maybe get a nice 30" to help you get used to a single panel again?

CHeeWheez - ok, thanks for the info.. going to swap my 1gb for a 2gb very soon.. roll with that for a little bit and get another when I feel I really need more power.. maybe let one more round of drivers come out also. ;)

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 05:21 

McKie - really sorry to hear about this... maybe get a nice 30" to help you get used to a single panel again?

CHeeWheez - ok, thanks for the info.. going to swap my 1gb for a 2gb very soon.. roll with that for a little bit and get another when I feel I really need more power.. maybe let one more round of drivers come out also. ;)

Sounds like a good plan to me! :rockout Enjoy!

PostPosted: 24 Jun 2010, 06:31 

Yeah, still have two monitors to sell from my old set up and I just might do that . at least a 27" but a 30" would be nice.,

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2010, 21:31 

There's a guy on [H] selling his Dell 3007 for $650 because it has one dead green pixel near the center. Not sure what the input lag is like on that unit, though.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 06:29 

So after all my Issues. and having put up my eyefinity set up away for a bit . I thought to myself "self"....
What was it that changed when all this started happening. and it dawned on me. It was when I went from running my asus monitors with an adapter to setting up my dells with native DP. Unfortunately I had sold my adapter after getting the dells. I figured why would I need it anymore?

So out of pure desperation to have my multi monitor set up back I bought another adapter and gave it a try. Got my adapter.

Just as I thought. no more windows flickering. so it seems that all the displyports on the Dells cause this in conjunction with all but the 10.4 drivers.

Right now I have native displayport. but cant use them without getting the flicker. and I'm using an adapter. right now

but already I am having a new Issue where one of the monitors resolutions gets lowered. while the other two remain the same. Has Happened twice so far and is completely random. Defiantly moving away from ATI after this. This has been nothing but a money pit for me.

PostPosted: 13 Jul 2010, 09:55 

Someone said they know someone with a similar issue and they swapped out display ports with an apple one and no more blinking for them... But I already spent 100 bucks on a wire, no effing way am I spending another 100 bucks on another over priced wire. ahem adapter...

I guess that was me.. Still running my Apple adapter with no problems. But after buying my second 5970 some funky problems return: When i disable both side monitors (1x DVI 1x DP) i cannot get my Eyefinity group again. Everytime it reverts to a low resolution and three duplicated displays??

I have to connect my Accel adapter instead of my Apple to get it working again.. AND with the Accel i get the "blanking" display again (with 10.6) so i have to connect my Apple to get this working again.

Mind that i have this since i got my 2nd 5970 and it has something to do with the "CrossFireX" setting. Because when i enable or disable CrossFireX it messes up my resolution, Eyefinitygroup or prestation of the system.