Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 03:41 

Yeah this, the cursor issue, and the fact that putting up my gpu clock even 1mhz in ati overdrive causes artifacts on my side screen is really making me frustrated. I can only use my middle monitor for anything video related because of the line. Having to reboot every time my cursor becomes distorted is happening more frequently. I only hope 10.1 fixes many of these issues and comes out ASAP! I, however, have my doubts on that...

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 07:01 
Editors
Editors

The other main reason I need to know whats up is because if I do have a defective card the longer I wait the much harder it will be to get some sort of replacement. But I am not going to rip my GPU out and go without a computer for weeks if its just a software/bios/driver problem that can be fixed.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 12:04 

Well my line issue has been resolved with the 10.1 (8.69) drivers from MSI before they were taken off the site. The other issue of tearing while overclocking on the desktop still exists.

The second issue I noticed is that xfire for the 5970 is broken once again. I'm going to try the drivers on a clean install and see if there is any stablity as my games are still crashing to grey or black screen from time to time.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 20:27 

I found 10.1 beta drivers off of geeks3d and tried them. This driver is version 8.70 and only seemed to make it worse as it was only on one screen for me before, but now it is on two. Also my games feel a bit more sluggish than before. Hopefully these drivers are actually new and not just the same thing with a spoofed version number to make us believe they are newer.

Edit: OK I have found the 10.1 beta released by MSI, i will try these after i uninstall with driver sweeper my current driver set. Found these on guru3d and they were released about 50 minutes ago. Here is the link if anyone else wants to try em: http://www.guru3d.com/news/ati-catalyst-101-beta--download/

Edit #2: Nope that did not solve the line issue. I will try taking out my nvidia dedicated physx card later to see if that is causing any issues.

PostPosted: 18 Jan 2010, 00:12 

OK removed my 9800gtx and completely uninstalled all its drivers with sweeper. Also reinstalled 8.69 drivers... still have the line

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2010, 12:06 

Bump.

Is this in any way fixed? I'm using 2 DVI and one native displayport on a 5850 with the 10.3 beta drivers.

I get tearing/the line even with solid framerates and vsync on. It's only on my secondary monitors though...even though the primary one is DVI. Any ideas?

EDIT: My monitors ARE all set to 60Hz also.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 00:15 

I actually had the tearing on 1 monitor when in eyefinity mode, the line would start at the bottom and move up to the top rinse and repeat.

For me it has something to do with the primary monitor I think... I got rid of my line anyway, and at 1 point I had 2 monitors with the screen tear (sorta) line moving upwards.

and like some of you have said I always keep my monitors in eyefinity mode because its a major pain in the ass fixing bezel managment and I dont know if those lines will come back.

I sorta solved the screen tearing when using crossfire in eyefinity mode for atleast the center monitor.. if you make sure the center monitor is your primary monitor, you shouldnt notice any tearing on that monitor. Having any screen tearing sucks but its definatly more managable having the tearing occur on the periphial monitors.

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 05:55 

Bump.

Is this in any way fixed? I'm using 2 DVI and one native displayport on a 5850 with the 10.3 beta drivers.

I get tearing/the line even with solid framerates and vsync on. It's only on my secondary monitors though...even though the primary one is DVI. Any ideas?

EDIT: My monitors ARE all set to 60Hz also.

Are all your monitors the same? Mine weren't and I found the only fix was to do a simple EDID edit. It was not an EDID flash or anything that could permanently damage your monitor so this process is not risky at all.

Required Programs:
Moninfo
Phoenix EDID Designer

Instructions-
Step 1:
Open Phoenix EDID Designer and click on Tools-> Extract Registry EDID...
Then it should come up with a list of monitors, double click one that is not giving you problems. Here is what mine looks like-

as you can see i selected my Acer monitor.

Step 2
Click on File-> Save EDID as... and save the name to whatever you want. I named mine AcerEDID. This will create a new .dat file which will be opened into Monifo.

Step 3
Open Moninfo and select File-> Open and navigate to your saved .dat file. Now click on File-> Create INF file. Keep it the same name (monitor.inf), and save to your documents folder.

Step 4
Right click desktop and click screen resolution (Make sure you're not in an eyefinity setup for this step) and select your problem monitor. Right click the monitor and select properties. Click on the Monitor tab, and then click the properties button from there.

You should now be at the properties for your problem monitor:

(mine already has the EDID override in place)

Step 5
Click on Driver tab. Then click on "Update driver..." then "Browse my computer for driver software" then "Let me pick..." then "Have Disk..." then "Browse". Now navigate to your documents folder, where the monitor.inf was saved. Select your "monitor.inf" and click open. Now select your EDID Overdrive from the list and click next.

Here is a more visual version of this step :) -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSEjUeDyXk
I cancel all the windows because I have already done this, but for you hit next.

And your done! If i did not work, try setting the EDID Overdrive .inf file for all your monitors used in eyefinity. If it still does not work then i do not what will :?

PostPosted: 14 Mar 2010, 11:03 

This issue is caused by low Clocks on the card when in 2d mode with 3 screens

You need to set a 2d profile in MSI Ocing tool, Once i had it 500 / 800 i never saw tearing again.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 09:38 
Editors
Editors

This issue is caused by low Clocks on the card when in 2d mode with 3 screens

You need to set a 2d profile in MSI Ocing tool, Once i had it 500 / 800 i never saw tearing again.

I can see that being the case in desktop but not in games, I see tearing in the same place even in full blown 3d games.
Plus MSI Ocing tool? does that work with any brand card?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next