Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 10:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 06:53 

Greg, mine is *exactly* the same. I'm at least happy to hear that others are having the problem. I submitted an issue to Asus, not holding my breath.

I can't actually submit an issue to ATI, their support site times out! I'm incredibly frustrated, 3 monitor goodness and I can't use them.

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 11:22 

I'm having a similar problem.

Create group, 3x1, Accept, and then it comes back to 3 clones, with the control panel looking like this. I can't even click ok, or apply, or cancel, or anything. Frustrating.

I had it working once last night, but not at all tonight. Don't know what's going on.

I had exactly this issue with my Sapphire 5850 installed in a Asus P6T Deluxe v 2 motherboard.

I uninstalled CCC, turned PC off, moved the graphics card from the blue PCI x 16 slot to the white PCI x 16 slot, re-started the computer and re-installed the drivers.
this cured the problem.
I then moved the card back to the original slot ( because the airflow was better) and it works fine!

No idea why this worked, but it did.

Hope this helps

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 14:29 

Haven't tried that much yet wardtuk, I'll give it a shot this weekend and let you know if it works for me.

EDIT:
Identical monitors are completely not required. So long as all three can output the same resolution Eyefinity seems happy. (I.E. 2x 19x12 panels and a 16x10 panel can all work together, provided they all work at 16x10).

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2009, 18:35 

Woohoo! Thank you wardtuk, that worked.

So, my guess is, that since the CCC was not responding properly to an attempt to "arrange", there was some condition of registry values that was present and it just choked. I think switching it to a different slot allowed us to start with a fresh registry branch for settings, and I was able to set it up without causing the pre-existing condition to occur.

Thanks again, physically moving it and starting over solved the problem.

Greg, give it a shot!

PostPosted: 27 Nov 2009, 12:50 

So, my guess is, that since the CCC was not responding properly to an attempt to "arrange", there was some condition of registry values that was present and it just choked. I think switching it to a different slot allowed us to start with a fresh registry branch for settings, and I was able to set it up without causing the pre-existing condition to occur.

Greg, give it a shot!

Glad to be of help.

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 14:31 

Hi, i had-have teh same problem with a 5970,i can create a group, but nothing happens. Eventually, after numerous driner installations,frustrations and cigarettes,i rebooted,and 3 clones came up, i then took out the dp connector, and reconnected..... THERE it was, eyefinity!! A bit of a bummer is that after every reboot, i have to do this sh@t again, i think until infinity......

PostPosted: 28 Nov 2009, 22:22 

Greg, give it a shot!

Glad to see you've cleaned it up.

I don't know what might be causing it to behave that way in the first place.

I've realized that my VISTA install is a mess - I'm getting failures on Windows Update, and the Catalyst Installer throws an error as well ("package failed" or something).

I think I might need to wipe the machine and start again from scratch. Just need to find the time.

For now, I'm back to single screen on this computer. I'm messing around with a different one at work, using 3 CRT's, and seeing similar problems. I think I'll try this "move the card to a different slot" idea there.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 09:09 

I'm having a similar problem.

Create group, 3x1, Accept, and then it comes back to 3 clones, with the control panel looking like this. I can't even click ok, or apply, or cancel, or anything. Frustrating.

I had it working once last night, but not at all tonight. Don't know what's going on.

Hi,

Has anybody been able to solve this one? Swaping the card around has not helped me. Cannot create a group at all. :( I either get the results above, or the monitors lose single all together.

9.12 + the patch installed
Gigabyte P55-UD3R, i5/266, 4gb
2x 5870
2x Samsung 2494
Win7 x64

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 10:05 

I switched to DVI>VGA adapters/cables and everything is working. I think it may be a DVI cable issue, but will need to run to the store in the morning to verify (need dual link DVI cables).

PostPosted: 19 Dec 2009, 20:32 

Picked up two DVD-D cables today and also received my Accell DP>DVI adapter in from Fed-X.

Everything works perfect now.

Thanks everyone for the posts that I've read over the past weeks that made this fairly seemless once I pulled the trigger.

Gigabyte P55UD3R Motherboard
Intel i5 750, 2.66mhz
4x Corsair Dominator 2G DDR3, 1600mhz
2x Diamond 5870's
Samsung P2570HD + 2x Samsung 2494, 5760x1080.
Accell Display Port to DVI Active Adapter
2x Dual-link DVI Cables

Thanks again!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next