Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 06:03

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:44 

Deke, no we have other issue - 3rd dvi-d monitor connected to the displayport adapter turns off suddenly itself sometimes

Do you have this issue with seawell?

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:26 

mikkey,

I do not have the issue where my third monitor just turns off sometimes.

As it is the Accell adaptor that I got at Sewell.

[url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/11335]

Deke

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 22:38 

My adapter is on the way (Apple MiniDP adapter) but I have read many compaints about that adapter and this same issue. It seemed to have been resolved by pluging the USB cord into a powered USB hub or separate USB port on the motherboard (where the adapters USB cord is the only one) as the adapter takes the entire 5v to operate. I know this was mention earlier in this thread but didnt seem to get much of a follow thru. Any experience with this fix?

Deke, what part of Michigan are you in? I am north of GR.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 23:25 

I have mine, the Dell/Bizlink adapter, plugged into the USB on the motherboard. I have not seen this issue.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 00:38 

My adapter is on the way (Apple MiniDP adapter) but I have read many compaints about that adapter and this same issue. It seemed to have been resolved by pluging the USB cord into a powered USB hub or separate USB port on the motherboard (where the adapters USB cord is the only one) as the adapter takes the entire 5v to operate. I know this was mention earlier in this thread but didnt seem to get much of a follow thru. Any experience with this fix?

I have my Apple adapter plugged into a separate USB power adapter (a spare iPhone charger I had lying around) and it worked great at first except for the very rare screen blinking on and off.

Then I swapped DVI cables with the two other monitors. That seemed to have fixed everything. Two hour gaming session last night went without a single hiccup. No snow, no video noise, no blinking.

Of the three LCDs, my left most monitor is running off the Apple adapter. I swapped the center and right monitor cables to cure the remaining issue.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2009, 14:45 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey guys, maybe it's a power problem. Most people use more than one usb device on there computer (ie: keyboard and mouse). Try getting one of those usb wall chargers so that there is no hiccup in power given. It's not a stable current like most people think.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 00:27 

I've got the same problem. I'm using 3 x Samsung T240 monitors with a 5850 and the one connected with active DP to DVI keeps disconnecting. you have to unplug the usb cable and then put it back in to get it to work again.

Swapping monitors or changing cables makes no difference.

I have also tried a USB wall charger, but still the same issue.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 01:58 

I have the same issue using the apple mini displayport to dual link DVI. It occasionally loses signal and creates a black screen but it doesnt break eyefinity and the image comes back a second later.

I thought it was an issue with the apple device but it seems the dell device is also effected. :?

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 06:24 

I've got the same problem. I'm using 3 x Samsung T240 monitors with a 5850 and the one connected with active DP to DVI keeps disconnecting. you have to unplug the usb cable and then put it back in to get it to work again.

Odd. Did you try using a higher output USB wall charger? The Griffin charger I'm using spits out 1amp. USB spec calls for 500ma, which is what motherboards and most USB wall chargers provide.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2009, 15:40 

[quote]I've got the same problem. I'm using 3 x Samsung T240 monitors with a 5850 and the one connected with active DP to DVI keeps disconnecting. you have to unplug the usb cable and then put it back in to get it to work again.

Odd. Did you try using a higher output USB wall charger? The Griffin charger I'm using spits out 1amp. USB spec calls for 500ma, which is what motherboards and most USB wall chargers provide.

Sounded like a good idea, however I've just bought a 5v 1amp USB charger to try it and I've still got the same issue.
Does anyone know if the same issue happens with a DP monitor, connected directly to the card?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 48  Next