Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 05:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 14:19 
Insiders
Insiders

Probably should have clarified, I am using two 'passive' DP to DVI adapters for two of my monitors, and one active DP to DVI adapter (my understanding was this was required for eyefinity). Is this not the way I should be connecting my screens to prevent tearing?

I have tried running one of my screens through the 'switched' dual link DVI port (as it is a 120hz monitor, and my active adapter apparently isn't up to the task of that - even though it can do 2560x1600), and I get identical tearing in eyefinity (but none with extended desktop).

You need to run all active adapters. When you go into CCC, go under desktop management, then creating and arranging desktops. Hover over the monitor icons. If any of them say DVI, you need active adapters.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2012, 16:00 

After all the research on Eyefinity I never knew you needed to run all active to remove tearing... Makes sense, and in CCC it does show two DVI and one DP monitor. The one active adapter I have is USB powered, I assume the other adapters with no external power are basically just single link versions of what I already have? Something like -this- would be appropriate?
Appreciate the help getting to the bottom of this, it's really unsurprising (although altogether dodgy) that this isn't made clear by AMD.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2012, 08:29 

Something like -this- would be appropriate?

Yeah, those should be fine. I've got the Sapphire ones. I'll get back to you hopefully this afternoon, since the odds are high I will recieve my new PSU today.

Appreciate the help getting to the bottom of this, it's really unsurprising (although altogether dodgy) that this isn't made clear by AMD.

And the understatement of the year goes to... Crysto!

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2012, 01:20 

So I am guessing that none of the other 7970 cards have enough clocks to use the 2xdvi's and the hdmi together?

Looks like my country may be out of stock of the asus EF6 until beginning of next month. Hoped there would be another option!

Post subject: Hello fellow WSGF'ers,
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 08:50 

Hello fellow WSGF'ers,

okay, I'm not sure how to put this but I am probably going to sell my third monitor and trade in my 7970 for as 7950/7870. This means no more Eyefinity for me. The reason behind this is quite simple. I've got a new study coming up, which is sort of my life goal. I really want to do this study and succeed. Also the study is quite far away from my home, so I'm gonna rent a room. Having an Eyefinity setup at home which is only used in the weekend is a bit too expensive for me. Rooms here in Holland cost quite a lot and I also need money for a new laptop for the study. That's the reason.

I am really sorry and I want to apologise to all the people who have been waiting for my review on the Asus card and/or further help with Eyefinity on this card. I hope I can still be a part of this great community.

Moose

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 09:30 
Administrators
Administrators

I hope I can still be a part of this great community.

Moose

Absolutely mate! Shame for downgrading but yay for following your life dreams. 8)

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 12:37 
Founder
Founder

I am really sorry and I want to apologise to all the people who have been waiting for my review on the Asus card and/or further help with Eyefinity on this card. I hope I can still be a part of this great community.

Moose

I'm sorry you're having to sell your Eyefinity rig, but I can certainly understand the need for having the right priorities. Congrats on getting the opportunity for the education. And, you don't need to run multi-monitors to be a part of the community. There are plenty of people who run just a single widescreen. If you wanted to jump into one of the niches we represent, you could always get a laptop with a 3D panel. Both NVIDIA and AMD have offerings out from different manufacturers.

PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 15:33 
Insiders
Insiders

Rooms here in Holland cost quite a lot

I can second that... :(

Anyway, good luck! Can you tell us what you will be studying?

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

Post subject: Moose wrote:I hope I can
PostPosted: 10 Apr 2012, 18:17 
Editors
Editors

I hope I can still be a part of this great community.

Moose

just kidding ;) i'm pretty sure you will return to play in triple monitor as soon as you get the possibility to. Like pringles! once doped never stopped.
It's good to have a goal you want to achieve. Wish you best luck and hope you success.

Post subject: Wijkert wrote:Moose
PostPosted: 11 Apr 2012, 08:54 

[quote]Rooms here in Holland cost quite a lot

I can second that... :(

Anyway, good luck! Can you tell us what you will be studying?

I'll (hopefully) be studying Game Creation & Producing after the summer. I need to do assignments, hand in a CV, resumé, a motivational letter and spend a day there to do assignments with a group of fellow students. It's an english study. Some of the courses I get: Storyboarding, Design, 2D en 3D animation, Modelling, Art Skill, Audio, Flash, Creative Thinking, Brainstorming, Photography en Interaction Design, Concept Design, Multidisciplinair Development, Interactive Storytelling, Advertising, Mediapsychology, Game History, Gameplay en Ethics. The third and the fourth year focus on specialization and internship.

I'm really looking forward to this study, although I'm quite nervous as well.

To Haldi, skipclarke, AussieTimmeh and other people; thanks for the support!

Moose

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 23  Next