Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 19 Jul 2024, 16:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 02:16 

Just got my new card. Same crap. Middle monitor goes to sleep at random and won't turn back on.
EDIT: Sorry for the raging. It's just really frusterating. I deleted my rage comments lol.

Anyways, I tried something I haven't yet. I thought maybe the DP monitor wasn't getting enough juice, so I tried this: Plug in the DVI monitors AWAY from the DP port. I'm thinking that the dvi connections are starving the DP connection of power somehow. So closest to the mb it goes: DP monitor, blank, dvi, blank, dvi, blank. So far so good. I even restarted the computer(which usually makes the DP monitor not turn on again) and it seems to work. I also let the monitors go to sleep and it powered on when I moved the mouse. But all in all who knows at this point. It worked for a while with my previous card and then started doing it again, so we'll see.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 05:54 

Just got my new card. Same crap. Middle monitor goes to sleep at random and won't turn back on.
EDIT: Sorry for the raging. It's just really frusterating. I deleted my rage comments lol.

Anyways, I tried something I haven't yet. I thought maybe the DP monitor wasn't getting enough juice, so I tried this: Plug in the DVI monitors AWAY from the DP port. I'm thinking that the dvi connections are starving the DP connection of power somehow. So closest to the mb it goes: DP monitor, blank, dvi, blank, dvi, blank. So far so good. I even restarted the computer(which usually makes the DP monitor not turn on again) and it seems to work. I also let the monitors go to sleep and it powered on when I moved the mouse. But all in all who knows at this point. It worked for a while with my previous card and then started doing it again, so we'll see.

What does that mean "Plug in the DVI monitors AWAY from the DP port"? Anyway I hope it holds up for you.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 06:57 

[quote]Just got my new card. Same crap. Middle monitor goes to sleep at random and won't turn back on.

What does that mean "Plug in the DVI monitors AWAY from the DP port"? Anyway I hope it holds up for you.

Sorry, I'm really bad at explaining things. :P

Here's a pic so I don't confuse anyone:

So far it's been working all day plugged in like that with the 10.7a hotfix drivers. Haven't tried any other drivers with it plugged in like this though.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:07 

@ Hun,
You're 100% Correct, the issues appear to be driver related and (for me) anything other than 10.3 drivers---> I lose my 3rd display. I have not even bothered with 10.7 because the rest have not worked. ATI is luck they dont have a class action lawsuit against them yet.

I'm seeing this with Cat 10.7 also. My Bizlink DP to DVI monitor goes blank after short awhile (within a minute or two). Haven't used Eyefinity lately due to not much gaming except some Mass Effect 2 so I'm don't know when it started.

But I just did custom uninstall and uninstalled Catalyst control center only, then just installed CCC from 10.3. So far, running 10.7 drivers with 10.3 CCC, my DP to DVI monitor seems to be fine. No blanking yet so far tonight.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:32 

[quote]@ Hun,
You're 100% Correct, the issues appear to be driver related and (for me) anything other than 10.3 drivers---> I lose my 3rd display. I have not even bothered with 10.7 because the rest have not worked. ATI is luck they dont have a class action lawsuit against them yet.

I'm seeing this with Cat 10.7 also. My Bizlink DP to DVI monitor goes blank after short awhile (within a minute or two). Haven't used Eyefinity lately due to not much gaming except some Mass Effect 2 so I'm don't know when it started.

But I just did custom uninstall and uninstalled Catalyst control center only, then just installed CCC from 10.3. So far, running 10.7 drivers with 10.3 CCC, my DP to DVI monitor seems to be fine. No blanking yet so far tonight.
What is your firmware version on the Bizlink adapter? F/W:034 maybe?

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:43 

First off: thanks for your feedback! Just contacted ACCELL and Kabeltje.com with this info.
Bios is clocked at 750/1050.Cant be the same one,unless i posted wrong bios.Power color is sending a updated one shortly to me.The one currently installed has a date of 1/15/10, if i recall correctly.

I also have one MSI stock @725/1000 and a Sapphire OC @730/1010 with exact the same BIOS so it is possible.. Why are you getting a new BIOS version??

Question:
Upon windows boot.Only two screens show.Once in windows all 3 display.Normal?

Quite normal i have that all the time also. Not specifically the DP or DVI only tho, sometimes it changes which two are posting..

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:45 

What is your firmware version on the Bizlink adapter? F/W:034 maybe?

I can't tell, checked the back of the unit, and a small sticker on the wire, but I'm not seeing firmware number. It's a fairly early one, I got it last Oct from dell before they ran into some shortages.

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 08:54 

If it's a early one, it will definitely not have firmware 2.0!

It's crazy to think this is a Video-card BIOS thingy.. Why would it work with earlier drivers then??

Could be something driverlike tho.. 10.3 works, anything above->not!

But now we have someone on the forum with a working ACCELL (Bizlink,Dell,Sapphire) with a newer Firmware!!

And if you look in the AMD Validated list it says: 2.0! Go figure.. :doh

PostPosted: 03 Aug 2010, 20:44 

Send to ACCEL an kabeltje.com:
The point is that this adapter should work with the 5xxx series from ATI regardless of the driver version.
Point is i bought the adapter as being Eyefinity certified, which it isn’t!

AMD certifies the B087B-003J with firmware version 2.0. I have F/W:034.
I have information from someone who is using the exact same adapter, same card and driver version (10.6) and his system doesn’t blank.
BUT his firmware version is F/W:2.0. Info can be found here: http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=64&t=19299&p=196723#p196723

Attached you wil find a picture of my adapter (FW/034) and a picture of the working adapter (FW/20). Also i will include a picture from AMD validated dongles.
Website can be found on: http://support.amd.com/us/eyefinity/Pages/eyefinity-dongles.aspx

I just want a working adapter…

Return mail from ACCEL support, dig this:
Hello,

Thanks for your email.

We are sorry to hear you have problem with your Accell UltraAV DisplayPort to DVI Dual-Link Adapter with FW .034 (B087B-002B). Please contact your supplier Rapbid and follow their return/refund policy and right now they should carry adapters with FW 2.0, which proves to solve the quality problem.

Thank you for shopping Accell products.
Gentlemen: draw you conclusions! Up next: flame mail to Kabeltje.com :twisted: Bigbadaboom...

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2010, 00:29 

First off: thanks for your feedback! Just contacted ACCELL and Kabeltje.com with this info.
[quote] Bios is clocked at 750/1050.Cant be the same one,unless i posted wrong bios.Power color is sending a updated one shortly to me.The one currently installed has a date of 1/15/10, if i recall correctly.

I also have one MSI stock @725/1000 and a Sapphire OC @730/1010 with exact the same BIOS so it is possible.. Why are you getting a new BIOS version??

Previous bios installed was dated 1/5/10.

Current bios installed for testing dated 7/26/10.

Good luck getting a updated firmware adapter :) .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 19  Next