Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 14:31 
Editors
Editors

Perhaps you should have made it more clear about the playful intent of your post ... maybe include a smiley next time.

My comment about the behavior of Insiders has nothing to do with the automatic Insider thing and it wasn't even remotely implied as such.
Insiders are expected to post by example and had your post been as I read it (because of that lack of "playful" intent being made clear) it is not a good example of of Insider attitude.

I won't be putting anyone on my ignore list as it is my job here to moderate ...
If you have a problem with any of the above you take it up with Ibrin.

Finally, if a Moderator or Admin steps in and makes a comment about what you are saying, or how you are saying something - please remember that these people are Moderators. Their warnings should make you pause and look back at the conversation. If you do not understand why they are warning you, or do not agree with it, please take it up in a PM. If you still feel you are being unfairly treated, please send me a PM. And, if a Moderator gives a warning to someone else, please do not respond to it. If you have a pro or con stance on the warning, please address it to that Moderator in a PM.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 15:56 

I never use smileys, I don't think the comment could be seen by anyone as offensive under normal circumstances, and I sent you a PM on the other issues.

Back on topic: does ANY Unreal Engine 3 game officially support multiple monitors?

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 17:15 

I never use smileys, I don't think the comment could be seen by anyone as offensive under normal circumstances, and I sent you a PM on the other issues.

Back on topic: does ANY Unreal Engine 3 game officially support multiple monitors?

I don't think any of them natively support triple screen.

Here is a list of all the games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 08:48 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote]I never use smileys, I don't think the comment could be seen by anyone as offensive under normal circumstances, and I sent you a PM on the other issues.

I don't think any of them natively support triple screen.

Here is a list of all the games. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Unreal_Engine_games

Batman: Arkham Asylum works natively 99%, only problem is the FOV zooms in when you finish a combo, that's fixable with a FOV bind though.
Come on, the Batman one should be obvious if you've been following EyeFinity at all, it was used in one of the promo videos.

BioShock/BioShock 2 both work natively after they got patched by 2K Games. Or perhaps people forgot the big can of whoopass we unleashed on 2K Games when the first BioShock came out Vert- for WS?

Borderlands works pretty well with a FOV bind (except that zooming in is farrrr too much). I understand people might not realize this since it was a fairly obscure game relative to the others I listed.

There's probably a few more games there too, I just haven't played every single one of them (especially the unpopular ones).

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 09:04 

Those all use an FOV bind but Batman, correct? I know Bioshock 2 stretches natively, not sure about 1.

In any event, if Batman does it then they should be able to make ME2 do it, as far as licensing issues and officially tested engine abilities, which is what I was getting at. The expense of such a fix would be the key factor and if it was the first time ever for the UE3 to officially support it that would drive up the cost I would think.

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 20:17 

Those all use an FOV bind but Batman, correct? I know Bioshock 2 stretches natively, not sure about 1.

In any event, if Batman does it then they should be able to make ME2 do it, as far as licensing issues and officially tested engine abilities, which is what I was getting at. The expense of such a fix would be the key factor and if it was the first time ever for the UE3 to officially support it that would drive up the cost I would think.

No, Bioshock 1 is native with patch 1.02 (introduces 'Lock horizontal' option), no FoV bind required, only HUD is stretched. Game engine wise multi-monitor should be a very easy fix, doing vert- or hor+ is just a simple choice of math. Building a game engine from the ground up it would take no extra work to make a game hor+ instead of vert-, it's your choice on how to set up the viewport but it has to be done either way. It actually takes extra work to make it hor+ switching to vert- past a certain resolution like UE3 does, so they made a conscious decision to add this limitation.

It would probably take 15 minutes to search the UE3 code and find the line of code arbitrarily locking horizontal and unlock it (delete it), which would at least give us full view of a streched HUD a la Bioshock instead of partial view of one like Mass Effect. It's more an issue of having the foresight to do this.

But one news site did say they were going to look into it.. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,704064/Mass-Effect-2-with-Eyefinity-problems-Patch-under-construction/News/

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 20:36 

Well I knew the solution was simple, I was more worried about the testing cost and the possibly license issues, like getting Epic to allow a change in the engine that was not previously agreed to in their license agreement.

If Batman (and BioShock) support TH natively though, then those costs are likely minimal as well, so they really have no excuse not to patch it.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 05:08 
Insiders
Insiders

If a game supports surround with a FOV bind then it supports surround, they were just too sloppy to calculate the FOV from the resolution instead of using a predefined FOV for a predefined aspect ratio. As for UI, it's comparatively trivial since you're working in a 2D space, the trick is just to get it to not be Vert- (and optionally not stretch, or better yet be centered).

were going to look into it.. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,704064/Mass-Effect-2-with-Eyefinity-problems-Patch-under-construction/News/

Old, old, thought this was new.

I think I'll just stick to complaining about BioWare till they get off their asses and fix it, it's been over a month since that post and still no EF fix.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 06:04 

I don't understand why we are letting Bioware get away with this so easily...

People are boycotting Global Agenda for, basically, the same exact reason. You say you gave 2k Games hell because they didn't have support. So why does Bioware get away without a scratch? We should be flooding their forums with requests to get this patched and keep it up until it does. They are not going to scour the web to find people unhappy with their game so we need to bring this information straight to their doorstep. I have started a thread here http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2010, 10:03 

I don't understand why we are letting Bioware get away with this so easily...

People are boycotting Global Agenda for, basically, the same exact reason. You say you gave 2k Games hell because they didn't have support. So why does Bioware get away without a scratch? We should be flooding their forums with requests to get this patched and keep it up until it does. They are not going to scour the web to find people unhappy with their game so we need to bring this information straight to their doorstep. I have started a thread here http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/106/index/1533069

I'm there.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next