Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 19:49 

when i reboot, my system doesnt recognize the EyeFinity.
I always have to go to CCC and re-group the monitors myself and press on "detect monitors".

Gets annoying :)

my system:
1x hd 5750
3x 17" (1x dvi, 1x vga, 1x vga with DP2vga adapter)
win7

PS: when ati releases bezel correction, please have an option (like a tickbox) to also disable bezel correction. Personnaly i like how it is now. Because with shooting games, i wouldnt like it if a tiny enemy was hidden under the bezel and it got "corrected away".
My brains and eyes are so adapted that bezels dont disturb, i got slim bezels anyways.

I used to have the same problem using DP>VGA, when system has booted, dis- and then reconnect the DP plug, windows will probably detect,and configure your EF arrangement by itself.Thing is, you will have to do this after every boot.......which is a real pain in the...plug...I went and bought an active adapter, that cleared that issue for me.
Good luck

Good luck.

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 21:20 
Insiders
Insiders

Any news on the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition? I'm about to commit about $1,200 into getting 3 more monitors, the 6-output card, adapters, and mounts. I'd Feel better about it if I knew when I could use it.

Are you guys stalling on Release because of NVidia?

PostPosted: 05 Feb 2010, 23:20 

[quote]when i reboot, my system doesnt recognize the EyeFinity.
I always have to go to CCC and re-group the monitors myself and press on "detect monitors".

Gets annoying :)

my system:
1x hd 5750
3x 17" (1x dvi, 1x vga, 1x vga with DP2vga adapter)
win7

PS: when ati releases bezel correction, please have an option (like a tickbox) to also disable bezel correction. Personnaly i like how it is now. Because with shooting games, i wouldnt like it if a tiny enemy was hidden under the bezel and it got "corrected away".
My brains and eyes are so adapted that bezels dont disturb, i got slim bezels anyways.

I used to have the same problem using DP>VGA, when system has booted, dis- and then reconnect the DP plug, windows will probably detect,and configure your EF arrangement by itself.Thing is, you will have to do this after every boot.......which is a real pain in the...plug...I went and bought an active adapter, that cleared that issue for me.
Good luck

Good luck.

Thanks mate, i "kinda" fixed it.
I made myself and AutoIt script that detects the monitors itself at windows startup.

dont feel like spending 200$ lol

PostPosted: 06 Feb 2010, 05:40 

Smart thinking, that is a more subtile way indeed....

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 07:33 

Any news on the ATI Radeon HD 5870 Eyefinity 6 Edition? I'm about to commit about $1,200 into getting 3 more monitors, the 6-output card, adapters, and mounts. I'd Feel better about it if I knew when I could use it.

Are you guys stalling on Release because of NVidia?

lol no. And from our perspective it is nV that is tryng to time things to steal some attention away from us.

Believe it or not we are pushing things out the door as fast as we can. Originally I had asked for December, but the reality is that we couldn't get it done. Then it was January, then February, and now... Look at all the cards and chips we are rolling out the door. It is an unprecedented pace.

You will get what you want very, very, very soon.

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 12:19 

And from our perspective it is nV that is tryng to time things to steal some attention away from us.

Have to second that. I mean ... from a user perspective which currently has an nvidia card, it sure feels like nv is trying to spoil every ATI launch/event
when they can...

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2010, 19:47 

When this card does release will it be able to do 5x1 portrait with a 6th monitor on top. If so could you update Hydragrid to 5x1. As it is right now the most you can do in portrait is 3x1 unless I'm missing something. I prefer to stay in eyefinity when doing 2d work and not switch back to extended desktop if I don't have to. to echo everyone else THANkS for the great cards and support! my wallet on the other hand :doh

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2010, 14:14 

Not really a question, but a comment. I can't really say what I want to say because it would just be flamebait, and off-topic (not to mention off-color).

Just read the 5830 review at Anand, and I'd have to agree with their opinion on the price point being too high. It's nice to see ATi want feedback on the price of the card (from what the article said). ATi can charge whatever the heck they want since it's quite hard (impossible?) to find a 4870/4890/260. Those cards showed similar performance at a lower price point...blah blah blah...among other things but just read the Anand article it shows all the relevant points.

Eventually there will be a offering from team green, and a major shakedown will occur. I'd rather not see ATi/AMD get in too much media flack for a sudden price drop that could have happened a lot sooner had not Fermi been such a white elephant, but yous guys are a company and money is the name of the game, so no blame is laid.

Something > nothing, hopefully we'll see the 5870E6 sooner rather than later!

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 02:48 

Hey Dave, please ask your driver control panel guys to add some sort of checkbox to allow bezel management, even for non-matching monitors. According to Spyre at Rage3d, BM only shows up now if our monitors are identical or near identical to make it easier to calculate bezel spacing. But isn't that what the adjustment arrows are for?

I'm hoping I don't have to flash my monitor's eeprom (or have to pay for Powerstrip to do that) just so CCC allows the use of bezel management.

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2010, 09:11 

when can we expect the support for hd rdy screens/projectors with eyefinity.

i have three 720p projectors, but instead of 3840x720 i can only choose 5760x1080 (and some lower but in my case worthless resolutions). all projectors are found with name in the ccc. as eyefinity always chooses the highest supported resolution this effects all hd rdy equipment (as they all can display 1080p).

the effect of this issue is a major hit on the fps and a badly looking image becouse of the forced interpolation of the displays.

this is a major software issue and a pretty easy to solve one too - but still there is nothing done about it since several months the cards are out now.

common ati - give ppl a custom resolution option on eyefinity... thats such a basic function its hardly understandable why customers are treated like littel children with predetermined resolutions. hide it behind 5 expert mode buttons and 10 warning notifications but do something!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 18  Next