Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:32

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: I actually wrote a
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 04:27 
Insiders
Insiders

I actually wrote a long-winded reply, then when i hit reply, i got a page saying the site would be down for an hour...

Any, the gist of it was suggesting making your centre display designated as #1 in teh array. I think that Projector Only works because they are usually designated as #2, and that's why it works for you. But no matter now, guess.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2012, 10:10 
Insiders
Insiders

Thanks for writing it anyway, even if it didn't end up as a post. After figuring out that Projector Only worked for me I realized that it had something to do with how my displays are ordered. Didn't post it because I wasn't 100% sure.

Philips BDM4065UC(3840x2160) Acer Z35(2560x1080@200hz); 980 Ti Hybrid @stock ; 6700K 4.6ghz (1.35v)/D15; 16GB 3200mhz; Asus Maximus Ranger VIII; AX860; 1TB 960 EVO; 750GB 840 EVO; Teufel Concept D 500; Sennheiser HD6XX; Windows 10 (latest build)

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 00:22 
Editors
Editors

Tried this out, for me it doesnt work so well it does go from eyefinity to single screen but it goes single screen to my right monitor instead of center.

If I can get this to work and it saves my aspect ratio scaling option I will be very happy as that is the only issue I have with switching via profiles.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 05:18 
Administrators
Administrators

Thats too bad, Aussie. What BSOD error code are you getting?

Good question, it only stays on for a short time before the computer reboots. I'll see if I can find out.

It must be a registry type issue regarding single monitor setup I don't know how to rebuild it without totally re-installing Windows.

I can choose single monitor resolutions while in an Eyefinity setup (and it mirrors the desktop on all three) but I can't go to one monitor either through Windows-P as described here, via the CCC, or via Windows Screen Resolution without the video corrupting with artifacts and then BSODing.

I fear I will need to re-install Windows to correct this issue, I'll see if I can get a BSOD error code.

Post subject: If you turn off system
PostPosted: 17 Jan 2012, 05:48 
Editors
Editors

If you turn off system protection option to automatically reboot on blue screen you can read the error and then manually reboot after you read it.

PostPosted: 22 Jan 2012, 03:33 
Administrators
Administrators

Ok, I had some time to look at this today. The frustration nearly killed me, but I solved it in the end.

My problem is corruption and crashing when in single monitor mode.

I tried physically disconnecting all the monitors and booting with only one connected at a time. No matter which monitor was connected, it would corrupt and crash, as per my attachments, often resulting in a BSOD, again as pictured.

So I started the PC and quickly changed to 2 monitors before it corrupted, then I tried to uninstall the video driver and it also BSOD'd.

So I started it in safe mode, uninstalled the video card in Device Manager, ran Driver Sweeper, and then rebooted. Downloaded CCC 11.12 and installed it ok. It started ok in two monitors, then went to a single monitor fine, then setup an Eyefinity group first time without issue! A freekin miracle for me.

So the test was the Windows-P solution as stated in this thread and it worked fine.

Thank goodness for that, my old drivers were the issue. I had tried uninstalling 11.9 and installing 11.12 prior to today but had the same issue. Lesson learned - uninstalling doesn't do enough, Driver Sweeper is totally necessary.

So now the solution in this thread works awesome. Thank goodness for that.

Attached files

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2012, 05:05 
Editors
Editors

I still have to find a way to make it work for the center monitor short of physically changing the connections of my monitor and that is not an option due to cable lengths.

Maybe after I am in "single monitor mode" I can move it via CCC and it will stick. Not sure.

Post subject: Is your cetre display
PostPosted: 26 Jan 2012, 09:03 
Insiders
Insiders

Is your centre display designated as #1? It seemed to work for me.