Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 10:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 03:55 

You're behaving as if this is a known working method, but the posts in your thread seems to indicate that only you have been successful thus far - which is not encouraging. No one is reporting actual success trying to reduce their max res down to 5040x1050. That's the reason I started this thread as a direct appeal to ATI - your method did not seem to work for others (or they're being inexplicably silent about it).
[quote]Can someone confirm they've been able to get 5040x1050 on a 3x1920x1200 setup?

This was never answered in the affirmative. Let's not pretend we have a solution until someone besides yourself is actually able to do it, shall we? I appreciate the effort you've put in, and I will try to get it working, but it's far from being an established fact until I do so. One possible wrinkle is that I am using 2 different monitor types (but both are 24", 1920x1200). I'll try to spend some more time on this tonight.

That isn't my thread I was someone who tried the fix and got it working and actually tried to post feedback and information to help others. As for the few people reporting success that is not surprising as the number of people who would require such a fix at the moment would be small and it will take time for other people to have time in their schedules to try it.

I don't really care if you try it or not or fix your issue or not I was just getting sick of seeing you complain in multiple threads on the forum about the same issue even after you got your response from the ATI representative. You have spent as much time complaining as you would have spent testing the only known current possible solution to the problem. At least if you would have tried it you could have provided some useful feedback.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 07:56 

Do the EDID mod from the other thread it takes 10 minutes to make the driver. You could have made it days ago and saved some time.

As for the few people reporting success that is not surprising as the number of people who would require such a fix at the moment would be small and it will take time for other people to have time in their schedules to try it.

First it was a trivial 10 minute fix that I should have already done. Now suddenly people need to take time out of their schedules. Sounds like you're just trying to win an argument, rather than say anything useful. Yeah, I get it - the EDID hack solves everything. Right.

The reason for this thread was the lack of reported success in implementing the EDID method. Maybe you can just brush that off, but I wanted to get a straight answer from the ATI rep about when this might get fixed before I wasted time on something unproven. You seem to have some sort of odd emotional investment in the EDID hack, but I'd like something better one day. We still don't know if it'll even work with mixed monitor types. I'll find out this weekend, when I can fit monitor hacking into my schedule.

Mod edit: Deleted. Reason: Flaming.

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 08:03 

Mods - I have my answer: They're thinking about it.

Is there any point in keeping this thread open?

PostPosted: 18 Dec 2009, 16:13 
Editors
Editors

I'm locking this thread. Kondor999, though I support your view of getting more selection in resolutions, this is no way to do it. ATI is aware of the issue and they are looking into it. There is nothing more to do for now. As Sideeffect pointed out, there is a solution that you are aware of. Instead of spending energy in bickering, try the solution and see if it works. Instead of complaining that this solution lack feedback, give it feedback.