Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 01:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 22:05 

It does, I get this effect on whatever two monitors are on the DVI ports. I disabled Overdrive. and it goes away. except when I boot up or shut down I get a little of the distortion right before it shuts down and right after it boots up

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 22:14 

I honestly think most all of the eyefinity problems are from the driver and catalyst. I am still going strong with my dell adapter but when I switch from eyefinity to extended sometimes I get this tearing and have also exp my DP to DVI monitor sometimes will flash and turn off while doing this. So I just keep switching back and forth till it fixes itself. Also while switching from extended to eyefinity it does take the desktop shortcut three executes to work. This has to be a problem with catalyst.

Lets all hope they release a new driver here soon that fixes these problems.

I would agree with you. I have been dealing with this for two days strait and you might of been following another issue people are having with Eyefinity and the active adapter.

I have come to the conclusion also that this is a driver and catalyst Problem. When I tried switching between eyefinity and extended That's when all my major issues started. and i had the second DVI port on both cards showing only black and white. I had to restore my OS from a clone I made prior. and that was after I took two cards back and exchanged them for different ones. that had the same issues. at this point I am Just going to monitor these forums and AMD/ATI. and wait for new drivers and or fix. before i even try anymore. I'm burnt out from all this.and want to sit back and enjoy some computing

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2009, 15:28 

I'm with you guys and I'm tired of fighting with it as well. I now took a video of the issue and posted it on another forum as well with hopes someone may have a solution. I thought for sure that the 9.12 drivers would eliminate this problem. Then I started to think that maybe it was just me. I hear all about the other tearing issues with overclocking on the desktop, but no one really addressed the refresh issue even with no overclocking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saG2mr6qM_8

My problem persisted with either the DP adaptor or native DP connection, so more than likely its a driver issue. I know the 4870x2 had issues when it first came out, and most were fixed within the first 2 months of release. So far owning both 5870 and 5970, I'm starting to pull out whatever hair I have left.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 06:03 

I am resurrecting this thread because i am still searching for a solution and was hoping one of you had found it.

I have a 5850 with a 9800gtx dedicated physx card, 3 monitors and the one using DP is the only with the line problem. Switching back and forth from extended to eyefinity does nothing, already have overdrive disabled, and have uninstalled drivers with driver sweeper and reinstalled them all to no avail.

So do you guys find a solution or are you just waiting for a new driver to be released?

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2010, 18:01 

I'm with you guys and I'm tired of fighting with it as well. I now took a video of the issue and posted it on another forum as well with hopes someone may have a solution. I thought for sure that the 9.12 drivers would eliminate this problem. Then I started to think that maybe it was just me. I hear all about the other tearing issues with overclocking on the desktop, but no one really addressed the refresh issue even with no overclocking.

My problem persisted with either the DP adaptor or native DP connection, so more than likely its a driver issue. I know the 4870x2 had issues when it first came out, and most were fixed within the first 2 months of release. So far owning both 5870 and 5970, I'm starting to pull out whatever hair I have left.

Hey I was the one who left you that comment on you tube haha.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2010, 21:46 

[quote]I'm with you guys and I'm tired of fighting with it as well. I now took a video of the issue and posted it on another forum as well with hopes someone may have a solution. I thought for sure that the 9.12 drivers would eliminate this problem. Then I started to think that maybe it was just me. I hear all about the other tearing issues with overclocking on the desktop, but no one really addressed the refresh issue even with no overclocking.

Hey I was the one who left you that comment on you tube haha.

And so you did. I gave up on using the hotfix 9.12 driver and went back to beta 5. Lack of xfire support but a lot more stable. I still have that line though, even with switching back and forth....it just moves to another monitor. Frustrating!!!!

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 11:15 
Editors
Editors

Would be nice to get some kind of official word on this bug and see it acknowledge and being worked on.

Its single handedly my only major qualm with eyefinity right now, I can deal with broken profiles, and other small minor annoyances but having my games and work interrupted with a tearing due to some kind of refresh issue is too much. Seems everybody has it but 99% of you can fix it by turning off overdrive. For me is there even with it off, and just much much worse if I turn it on.

So that to me says maybe not software but hardware is possible as some cards may be more stable/capable than others. I just read about a bios update to boost the DP signal power to fix some kind of flickering problem, it sounds similar to this problem but just the opposite, my issue is on the two monitors connected with DVI I think and my DP monitor is the only one with no issues.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 13:19 

Yeah Id like to know also. I don't even try to go back and forth between one monitor and a eyefinity group. I'm afraid of what will happen . If its anything like my last experience. even my ATI overdrive is still locked. I'm afraid to use that as well

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 20:29 

I think they need to give us a bios update...

With Overdrive on i get tearing with my 5970 on 2 monitors...

But with it off and useing MSi ocing tool i dont :D

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2010, 23:22 

Like ViciousXUSMC said . I never have been given a strait answer on this issue. I have had indications that ATI is aware of it, but nothing solid. So for now I just don't even try and use overdrive. My cards have been staying cool on Auto just (as is).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next