Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 23:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 02 Feb 2010, 16:42 

It's not a Eyefinity-related Problem. It's the same at SoftTH.
Remember Battlefield 2: it has similar issues... :-/

PostPosted: 02 Feb 2010, 23:52 
Editors
Editors

It's not a Eyefinity-related Problem. It's the same at SoftTH.

Correct its a game engine problem so they need to fix it not ATI.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 04:14 

[quote]It's not a Eyefinity-related Problem. It's the same at SoftTH.

Yeah, it is an engine issue .Totally up to Bioware to fix.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2010, 12:19 
Editors
Editors

[quote][quote]It's not a Eyefinity-related Problem. It's the same at SoftTH.

Yeah, it is an engine issue .Totally up to Bioware to fix.

Sad thing is that is probably REALLY easy to fix, just some tweaks to dynamic lighting or shadows or something where the extra FOV causes the engine to mess up and remove stuff, but I have yet to see anybody officially acknowledge the problem. They jumped on the pedestal to announce to the world proper eyefinity support and then when we said "hey there is a bug actually...." they just ignore it.

Its not just trees and stuff vanishing its all the vegetation and stuff as well, when I was in the forest over 90% of the flowers/plants and other stuff was just plain missing. I did not even know I was in a forest I thought it was a plane until I booted up the game in single screen mode to do my comparison videos for the bug because I saw a treeline popping in/out in the background. When I booted and saw all the lush vegetation I was like OMG how much of the game have I been missing?

Turned off the game and have not played it since until I see a fix.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 03:28 

Any updates on a ETA for Eyefinity support? I don't plan to play every class once as a paragon and as a renegade, so the sooner the better I say. :wink:

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 11:40 

It'd be nice. And certainly feasible. But so few develops keep giving a shit about old games, particularly when there's a sequel. I didn't see it happening. But I've finished it already, and did damned near everything there was to do in it. But waiting for the EF-fixing patch to start playing #2 is getting harder and harder to do.

Boo hoo.

Bioware developers are very chatty on their forum and have said repeatedly that patches cost a lot more money than people think and the money men do not approve patches for old games EVER, and a reluctant to approve them for even recent games with non-critical issues.

So I would not expect a patch for ME1 for anything. They were already damn generous with a year later patch to fix some major issues the 3rd party who ported it ignored.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 17:52 

i can't believe that. The costs for a triplehead patch for ME1 would be super low,
because of the fact that ME2 and ME1 are exactly the same. (Engine, etc.)

So if they work on a patch for ME2, they already work on a patch for ME1 i think...

The only thing that would make cost would be the compatiblity testing.
But therefor Bioware could leave this patch in beta stadium.
We would make all testings :D

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 20:22 

i can't believe that.

Well, they are Bioware developers and you are not ;)

PostPosted: 12 Feb 2010, 07:16 

One reason for Bioware to patch the first game could be that they apparently consider ME to be episodic, like being able to take your character from ME1 to ME2. I'm sure they'll release a trilogy one day and it would only make sense that you can play it through in a consistent manner.

Well I hope so at least.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2010, 00:59 

I understand your guys frustration with ME2 and Eyefinity, but to me that was not a reason to hold off and wait to play a great game. I'm sure that when my other two monitors are on and the FOV is adjustable to where I want it then it will be even better, but to punish yourself from playing this game is something that I won't understand. Now if they had called it cheating or unfair or that they were not going to support it thats another thing, but again it really is the developers choice...

My point is just because you and I spent insane amount of money to have the priviledge... and that is what it is, its not a right to run a game across 3 monitors, doesn't mean that every game is going to support it correctly initially or that games are going to support it at all.

You may find that you may not be buying any PC games for awhile if you are taking the stance of "eyefinity" or no-game, I will go to my console... well guess what that console supports... one screen at probably a lower res... I have seen that rant in another forum... saying that the lack of this support was the death of the PC and if the game didn't support eyefinity then he would just go play it on his console which doesn't make much sense because the game tends to cost more, and usually has worse graphics...

I'm beginning to see what I call the eyefinity snobs... and I hope that you enjoy not playing all these games for months, while I enjoy the heck out of them, and then if the developer fixes it, then enjoy it more.

But I do support those bans and ill wishes toward developers that call it cheating...

Good luck to all, but don't be so asinine to not buy a game because its having issues early on... buy the game and enjoy it.... I promise that you will still have a good time, but don't expect perfection for the first generation of a new type of technology and for everyone to support it in inital releases...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next