Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 22:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 13:40 

Are all your monitors the same? Mine weren't and I found the only fix was to do a simple EDID edit. It was not an EDID flash or anything that could permanently damage your monitor so this process is not risky at all.

They aren't...but something odd seems to be happening there. I use a pair of 2208wfp and a p2210 (with DP). One of the 2208wfps is the primary central monitor. This never has the line problem, nor does the p2210. It seems odd that only one of the two similar monitors would have a problem.

Thanks for the detailed instructions though. I'll give them a go for sure and report back with my findings

I actually had the tearing on 1 monitor when in eyefinity mode, the line would start at the bottom and move up to the top rinse and repeat.

For me it has something to do with the primary monitor I think... I got rid of my line anyway, and at 1 point I had 2 monitors with the screen tear (sorta) line moving upwards.

and like some of you have said I always keep my monitors in eyefinity mode because its a major pain in the ass fixing bezel managment and I dont know if those lines will come back.

Sounds just like me. The line travels. I've always been happy to switch between eyefinity and extended desktop modes though , its only 2 clicks, bezel management stays applied.

PostPosted: 15 Mar 2010, 13:46 

This issue is caused by low Clocks on the card when in 2d mode with 3 screens

You need to set a 2d profile in MSI Ocing tool, Once i had it 500 / 800 i never saw tearing again.

I doubt it. My 5850 is a recent one with 2d clocks set to 400/900 by default anyway, and the line appears in 3d programs.

PostPosted: 16 Mar 2010, 15:54 

Update for anyone suffering the same problem....

i tried the method described to force them to use the same driver- no change. I tried each monitor's driver on every monitor, none of them made the slightest difference.

BUT! Changed the primary monitor in CCC to the problem one (after having enabled my eyefinity profile), and all of them are fine now!

No idea why that worked. But hopefully this will helpe other people with the issue. Cheers guys!

PostPosted: 17 Mar 2010, 05:40 
Editors
Editors

I have 3 identical monitors Dell U2410's and also using a native display port connection so no adapters and have the problem on usually 2 monitors. Currently my left and center monitors have it.

So its not related to EDID or anything like that. Its a card/drivers problem for sure. If overclocking makes it worse (and it does make it way worse) it seems to me its a sync issue and some cards seem to have it worse than others so I think it may be related to the quality of the card itself. Sucks because while I can deal with the line, I cant overclock at all because it gets so much worse that its unbearable.

PostPosted: 29 May 2010, 21:33 

I fixed this problem by setting a different monitor as the preferred monitor. In the bottom left of control center it has icons for the three monitors. Right click them and you'll get the option to set one as preferred. First time I did it the distortion line moved to the other monitor, but then I set it to the third and if went away.

PostPosted: 03 Jun 2010, 07:58 
Editors
Editors

I fixed this problem by setting a different monitor as the preferred monitor. In the bottom left of control center it has icons for the three monitors. Right click them and you'll get the option to set one as preferred. First time I did it the distortion line moved to the other monitor, but then I set it to the third and if went away.

I have to try this, but thats not a great fix when I want the center monitor to be my primary, I use landscape mode a lot for normal every day work/use and only use eyefinity once in a blue moon for gaming.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2010, 01:55 

It doesn't actually change your center monitor. It seem to prioritize which monitor you want as primary when you turn the other monitors off.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 04:35 

Thank you from so long ago. This resolved the issue for me. I have seen that odd line on my far right monitor and thought it was odd but didn't care much while gaming in eyefinity. But then my DP seemed to act up and I changed to the 2nd DP on my 6950 and seemed to help my other artifact/clipping out issue. But then when I gamed the next time I noticed that odd line was now dead center and very annouying. I didn't find any actual fix until I read this to the last page and this worked for me. No line anymore. Excellent, time to store this in my known fixes in case a forget down the road.

I know this is over a year old BUT THANKS!!!

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2011, 04:35 

Thank you from so long ago. This resolved the issue for me. I have seen that odd line on my far right monitor and thought it was odd but didn't care much while gaming in eyefinity. But then my DP seemed to act up and I changed to the 2nd DP on my 6950 and seemed to help my other artifact/clipping out issue. But then when I gamed the next time I noticed that odd line was now dead center and very annouying. I didn't find any actual fix until I read this to the last page and this worked for me. No line anymore. Excellent, time to store this in my known fixes in case a forget down the road.

I know this is over a year old BUT THANKS!!!