Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Aug 2024, 22:56

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 17:25 

Hey all,

Trying to find some help in troubleshooting my Eyefinity setup now...

I have 3x BenQ monitors (2x FP222WH and 1x FP222W) which all correctly report their resolution @ 1680x1050. However, when connecting them all to my 5870 using the Dell DP-DVI adapter, CCC only seems to want to put them in cloned mode. I can see all three monitors, and when i create the group i have an option for a 3x1 setup, but when i accept it the "virtual" view of my monitors quickly switches from what would appear to be a proper 5040x1080 resolution to just triple cloned.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you think it's because one monitor is slightly older? I forcibly switched its driver to that of a FP222HW with no change.

Help!!! :(

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 20:05 

All I can tell you, is keep fooling with it. Also, it probably wouldn't hurt to make sure the USB portion of the adapter is plugged into a powered USB transformer that plugs directly into the wall.

Keep rebooting the machine, switching cables on the three screens, and pray. Probably wouldn't hurt to even through in a complete uninstall of the ATI driver(s) and re-install.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 21:35 

No luck yet... tried reinstalling the drivers, switching heads... nadda.

Is it possible that Eyefinity only works with Exactly the same monitors?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 21:52 

Another update:

Forcing the drivers again make all three monitors appear exactly the same in the device manager does not change anything.

However, when checking the "hardware device ID" of each monitor, two are still listed as "BNQ76CE" and one is a "BNQ76F2". I suppose this is why Eyefinity does not like them... because one of the hardware IDs is different.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 22:22 

When they are cloned, have you tried right clicking on them and selecting Display Group?

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 22:26 

When they are cloned, have you tried right clicking on them and selecting Display Group?

No change. When i right-click on display 1 (which is the cloned group) i can select display group, and when the popup appears, i can select 3x1. But when i click ok i see a momentary flash of a triplewide display group before it pops back to being triple cloned.... :(

Btw... the same thing (momentary flash of seeing a virtual triplewide) happens when i right-click and then choose "arrange".

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 23:05 

Disable all except 1 display. Right click create group 3 x 1. Screen might flash and show all cloned click ok and unplug the USB Dell DP-DVI adapter and plug it in again. The group might now appear if not create group 3 x 1 again.

This should work to create the group it doesn't matter that they are not all the same model as long as they are all at the same resolution or support the same resolution and refresh rate.

If it still doesn't create group change the USB slot you are using to power the adapter and unplug all other USB devices until you get it working. do not use USB hubs. The motherboard USB ports or external ac powered seem the most stable.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 23:31 

Sideeffect's method is the only one that works for me at the moment. Disabling two screens, then initializing the group creating from the remaining screen.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 00:35 

When i create a group (after selecting 3x1) with the other monitors disabled, im obligated to click on each of the other two monitors, one at a time. Each one is then added in clone mode, with a "yes/no" prompt each time. Then, when all three were once again enabled and cloned, i tried pulling the usb cable out and then reconnecting it....Still no joy. For some reason, when i pull out the usb cable for the dp-dvi adadpter, TWO monitors turn off (leaving the center one on) then when i reconnect it all three turn back on, in cloned mode, and CCC closes by itself?

I thought this was supposed to be easier than TH2Go... maybe ill go back to it.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 02:22 

No luck yet... tried reinstalling the drivers, switching heads... nadda.

Is it possible that Eyefinity only works with Exactly the same monitors?

Eyefinity is a little buggy, but it does work with different monitors. I've seen reports and screenshots of people using different brands and some even different sizes as long as all three are running at matching resolutions.

My setup runs perfectly but I purchased three of the same make and model simultaneously.

The only thing I can tell you, like others have mentioned, is to try a separate USB powered wall adapter rather than trying to plug it in to your computer's USB port. Also try swapping cables around.

Can you at least get Eyefinity working on two of the monitors correctly?