Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 10:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 02:38 

Hey Doc,

I got the one from seawell, it's the same ting as the one dell makes, bizlink, etc... The Active Adapter that gets power from a USB port.

Deke :)

Sorry Thales oreos all gone now.

Deke, do you experience 3rd monitor blinking off/on sometimes with your adapter?

many of us with triple eyefinity config have same issue. Nobody knows why: dell/bizlink adapter or 5870 (drivers maybe)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 04:27 
Editors
Editors

About blinking, I just wanted to mention I have had some blinking on my monitor and I do not use an adapter.

Its like a transparancy issue, if I drag a window behind the semi transparent windows taskbar on my display port monitor it will kind flicker and show through.

Since I have had some issues with my new monitors I thought it was a monitor fault at first but then I noticed how its making actual things on the screen become see through that should not be, so it must be a video card/driver issue.

The worst thing I ever saw was Playing CoD WaW and the whole lower half of my Display Port monitor was flickering and flashing. I was only able to fix it with a PC reboot.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2009, 05:06 

it's actually not blinking - correct's turning off 3rd display completely with eyefinity displayport periodically

i don't see anyone without this issue

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 00:47 

mikkey,

Okay let's define this blinking and or blanking of the third display via the adaptor.

I had a problem everytime I loaded FSX using the Paddy the Wak's nice WSGF background I got here ,as I use to get a warning measage from Vista at the Taskbar saying windows is changing to the Windows Standard Color Scheme. So then I tried using the Windows Standard Color Scheme and the standard vista background for a few days and the problem went away, so I went back to the Windows Vista Basic Color Scheme and the nice WSGF bacground and the problem is still gone, mind you there had been a new Driver release within this time frame as well, so I really could'nt tell you for sure if I did anything to fix it.

[url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/11400]

As in my other post as to which port to which monitor do you use, I had a problem whenever my computer woke up after sleeping the center and the right screen would switch, since then I switched those 2 DVI ports around and that problem is no longer.

The only blanking out I see is when I go into full screen on a game say like FSX and L4D, of course all the screens blank out and come back on in the same order, the right monitor 1st, then the center, and then the left (Displayport with adaptor).

The only other time I have seen it go blank is when all of them went blank due to GPU getting to hot on the so called Auto fan mode, that wants you to believe how quiet the card is as it's busy frying itself. IMO

Now I have good PS with room to spare as I plan on adding another 5870 card sometime not to distant future to crossfire. Currently of the 10 USB ports that are on my MOBO I'm only using 4 total (including the adaptor), and the other 3 devices (mouse, keyboard, and printer) I don't think use any power from the USB port. So my seawell adaptor get's all the power on the USB buss, if that makes a difference I don't know.

Now Vicious I did have a weird blinking(more like refreash lag)thing going on 2 days ago, while I'm not sure what caused it yet, as I have been unable to reproduce the effect yet, but all I did was do a reboot and problem was gone.

Hope this helps!
Deke