Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 04:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 15:09 

just checked bios update but still not working

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 16:17 

Anyone that's tried the 10.1 beta is Bezel MGMT in with it or anything else?

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 19:54 

i flash my 5850 with this bios http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/65298/ATI.HD5850.1024.091211.html
didn't help continue to blinking every few second
i try eyefinity with new bios didn't help.

Try the registry fix a couple of posts up (its now locked haha)

Right now, the whole DP --> DVI converter issues seems to revolve around the fact that some LCD monitors are sensitive to signal fluctuations from the DP port. To me (I's just hypothesizing here), clock changes to the videocard may fluctuate DP signals ever so slightly and may contribute (abet not significantly) to the blinking issue.

All I know is that my blinking issue has stopped, my bios has been flashed, and my clocks are locked. I'm not changing any variables.

For all those who are still having issues, even after the bios flash...try locking the clocks also. It's not hard, reversible, and may be one step closer to the solution.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 19:59 

i try registry fix but didn't work.
I call my retailer for RMA my adapter.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 20:01 

i try registry fix but didn't work.
I call my retailer for RMA my adapter.

Sorry the registry fix did not fix your issue but it has fixed others on other forums.

Also I don't think the problem is with your adapter.

I just wanted to NOTE on the registry fix.

This did fix my issue as well but then somehow got reset to "1" and started having issues again.

I then flashed my bios after other people were since that was the only other option really. I have not had any issues since and I just checked and it is still set to "1" so since this is a ULPS registry issue maybe the new bios is supplying more power to the card so this fix isn't needed.

I do know that when it was set to "0" I didn't have any issues, once I started having issues again I went and looked and it was indeed back to "1"

Just my $.02 but I know nothing.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2010, 20:11 

yes i think that too but sapphiretech from a ticket told me to RMA the adapter, my retailer told me to RMA, i do everything flashing Bios didn't work,New driver(10.1 beta) didn't work,registry fix didn't work,i try to change monitor didn't work,i try to change usb power for the adapter didn't work.
Rma the adapter it's the last thing to do,
after i can only RMA all HD5850 and adapter and get my money back for a product it's not working and don't buy anymore ATI/Sapphire because simple make bad product untested.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 04:34 

I wrote amazon for a replacement and they honored it, sent my RMA overnight. And on the first night of several hours gaming it is blank free. I have not had an issue after roughly 3 hours of play. Im still holding my breath as I have seen it go this long before. I will report back in a few days.

Im on a 5770 with stock bios and 9.12 driver.

My Accell Adapter that came as replacement has the same "034" bios that the other one had.

Heh

:o

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 04:35 

I wrote amazon for a replacement and they honored it, sent my RMA overnight. And on the first night of several hours gaming it is blank free. I have not had an issue after roughly 3 hours of play. Im still holding my breath as I have seen it go this long before. I will report back in a few days.

My Accell Adapter that came as replacement has the same "034" bios that the other one had.

Heh

good luck I will keep my fingers crossed for you :rockout

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 05:36 

Heh

I never flashed my bios. got a replacement adapter. and blank free.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2010, 06:41 

Hey all. Been reading this forum since I just got my 3rd monitor over Christmas. Picked up a 5850 today. Just thought I'd share my good and bad luck:

Setup:

24" Gateway FPD2485W (1920x1200) DVI
28" Hanns-G (1920x1200) HDMI
24" Westinghouse (1920x1200) DP --> VGA

Good news:

I have all 3 monitors up and working. No flickering on the DP to VGA monitor.

Bad news:

My beloved gateway is dying. I'm probably going to have to replace it with a a native DP monitor.

I'm having a bit of a time with Eyefinity. The DP monitor likes to drop it's signal. This makes it very tough to form a group together. The one time I was successful, The 3rd monitor was acting like the first monitor and I had the left 1/3 of the screen on the right...lol

Here is the adapter I bought:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270275&nm_mc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel&cm_mmc=TEMC-RMA-Approvel-_-Content-_-text-_-

I'm looking at replacing the Gateway with either the Dell 2408WFP, the Dell U2410, or the LA2405wg. The LA seems to be a new TN panel by HP. Haven't seen any reviews on it yet, but it's about $100 cheaper than the Dells. Any reccomendations?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42 ... 48  Next