Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 16:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 01:07 

ATIflash is 100% command based homey. Did you try BIN or ROM for the file name? Running atiflash in windows will not work

Well I was going to try to flash my bios to get my version of this problem to go away but alas when i made a bootable usb and used atiflash and followed the instructions to the letter is simply told me that "no such file could be found". Dejectedly i tried ATIWinflash and it simply will not run on windows 7 32 bit, i click the .exe, it runs for about half a second and exits so i cant do it that way either. Fortunately for me, this problem only prevents me from playing modern warfare 2 triplewide, but it still would have been nice to give it a shot.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 01:30 

I found this a while back. May help people distinguish between the different types.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 22:10 

Guys - I think we're drifting just a bit. I'm in a somewhat unique situation since I now have 7 different monitor types I can use to test, as well as both the Accell and Bizlink adapters.

Based on everything I've tried, I strongly feel that this is an issue related to signal strength being passed through the DVI adapter. This results in some monitors working, and others working only intermittently. Additionally, the Accell adapter restored 100% compatability with all my different monitors. The Bizlink only worked with 1 (an LCD TV).

You must therefore ensure that whatever monitor you are using with the DVI adapter is compatible. The good news is that you only need one to work - the rest will be using DVI or HDMI. If you are using the Bizlink adapter and having problems, then I would strongly recommend at least trying the Accell adapter that is available on Amazon.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 22:28 

I would agree with that, But I strongly believe there is a underling CCC/Driver Issue as well. In fact I think It's a combination of both. The adapter and CCC/Driver. I am just going to monitor this thread and ATI/AMD. and wait for a Updated Driver. and then will use the Accell adapter that I should Have soon.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2009, 23:34 

good deal Kondor, glad that adapter ended up working for you too.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 21:13 

We REALLY need some input from ATI...where ya at ATI!?!?

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 22:31 

We REALLY need some input from ATI...where ya at ATI!?!?

Hiding!!!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2009, 23:46 

I just received my Accell adapter today and will try it later. but I must say, I'm a little apprehensive. after having all the other problems lately

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 04:46 

1 1/2 Hour past and so far, so good. knock on wood!.

There is one thing I notice though. I don't remember noticing this before with the other adapter.

The monitor connected to the DP adapter has a slight color variance than the other two. Despite the fact they all have the same default settings. The color is not as vibrant on the DP adapter monitor. I got it close though. using the monitors OSD. And increasing the brightness a little. but it is still off some.

And the strange flicker I was getting in extended mode. After disabling Overdrive in CCC, it helped. I no longer get the flicker when moving around windows and scrolling during regular use. But I do see it still right before shut down . and right after start up. and I see it when I mess around with the catalyst software settings or window. I believe this to be a unrelated issue to this thread though. as I had this problem before even while running dual monitors.

Edit update : Now 5 hours up time with no problems.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2009, 13:48 

Edit update : Now 5 hours up time with no problems.

Nice, seems to be fixed or at least reduced to usable levels. There isn't a colour difference with the Apple adapter, I wouldn't be able to identify which is displayport if I didnt know. Are all monitors using the same quality cables? All dual link?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 ... 48  Next