Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 15:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 48  Next
PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 14:54 

Well Dave I want to thank you for a great product .We have a future is lying ahead of us with all the techno. Things can only get better. With new technology some hick ups may arise ,which can be worked on and be made better...at least we have it. I have never been into triplehead or anything like that but took the plunge with Eyefinity and think it is great. Will struggle around or wait around till a "fix" comes about.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 17:47 

Working from home today, I have been ok for about an hour again my voltage is upped on the card to 1187 via MSI tool

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 18:13 

[quote]I think we all just want to hear that ATI is:

Just so you are aware, I am the Product Manager for the HD 5800 Series.

Dave, can you confirm if there is specific testing for DisplayPort to DVI adaptors going on over at ATI? I ask b/c while I was working with the Bizlink adapter (never got it to work), I called into ATI tech support and the rep was saying that he thought they were testing various ones to become "certified" for use with Eyefinity. The Accell adapter I bought from Amazon has worked perfectly out of the box though. I am using two HD 5870's and three Acer H213H 21.5" monitors.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 18:18 

Also, if you can get Hydravision to be able to be set so that when you open a window (say IE in the middle monitor) that it would "snap" to the borders of the preset Hydragrid without first expanding across all three then having to go to the top bar and clicking "Attach to Grid". If it already does do that, I have yet to figure out the correct settings under Desktop Manager.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 19:10 

Hour 3: Still No Flickering or Loss in video.

(I am running in extended mode)

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:33 

Hi Dave:

To answer your question, the issue is reproducible either using on-board USB or an external, powered USB hub. The on-board has other devices connected but the hub has nothing but the A-DP adapter attached. The behavior is one of two things:

- Error message on the monitor indicating that the DP display is using a resolution/timing that isn't supported
- Monitor goes into sleep mode as if the computer had turned off, etc.

Both problems are fixed by either removing the DVI cable from the A-DP adapter and re-plugging, removing the DP plug from the card and re-plugging, or removing the USB connector and re-plugging. All three restore functionality to the Eyefinity until the error re-occurs.

I'm a huge fan of this card and love it to death, my only gripe is with this DisplayPort issue.

Thanks,
Ben

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2009, 22:36 

Hour 4: Still No Flickering or Loss in video.

(I am running in extended mode)

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 00:58 

Came home, booted up computer , and again after about 10 minutes it started doing it .

This time I did something different....
Nothing . I did nothing. I just let it do it's thing while I finished reading some news on my home page. closed out of the browser and it stopped. not sure if it had anything to do with me closing out the window or not.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 01:00 

I been on for 7 hours straight already. NO flickering no monitor giving out. I think it's a voltage issue with the card, every since I upped the voltage it has been fine.

PostPosted: 11 Dec 2009, 03:20 

I dont know how it was different for me, but the Accell did work for me where the Bizlink didn't. Since noone seems to know/agree on what exactly the problem is, I say give the Accell a try as you can always return it if it doesnt work. Mine has been working two days so far without a problem. The Bizlink flickered after every 10 mintues or so and more the longer the machine was on.

Ok , I got to thinking about this some more. so i went through every single post to investigate this. One common factor is that everyone that has this problem . It has been with the dell/Bizlink adapter. apple adapter seams to be a hit miss thing.

3 people that have the tried the Accell. (Deke) (Mixelplix) and (scooby) each of these Individuals report no problems scooby did a Bios flash. but was the fix from the flash. or the adapter?

at anyrate I have already soaked a ton of cash into this anyway. I bit the bullet and ordered a accell adapter 1 day shipping. so I will soon see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 48  Next