Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 22:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2011, 04:42 

One 6990 should run 5760x1080 eyefinity quite well at high settings. I have 2x6990s in crossfire driving my 5x1P setup. I did try 3x1P lastnight (3600x1920) and it ran beautifully at all ultra with deferred AA high and SSAO on. Truly stunning performance with no stutter at all. All GPUs close to maxed. 2x6990s is the ultimate for BF3 eyefinity.

Now regarding issues with stuttering etc I did have some frustrations with this in the first couple of weeks after release. Now on the 11.11 drivers with latest CAP and it is running well.

Post subject: Stuttering solved
PostPosted: 07 Dec 2011, 02:06 

I changed my mind. ATI crossfire eyefinity does work.

Please read my post here:

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/forums/multi-monitor-gaming/amd-eyefinity-discussions/18546/eyefinity-crossfire-stuttering-res

Post subject: Ye i read your post,very
PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 00:24 

Ye i read your post,very informative,
I am still wondering whether to buy a second 6970 card for my system,im scared to buy it incase it becomes pointless :(

I can only play BF3 on Low to medium settings on this 1 card now and even then thats 30-45 fps......what the hell is wrong

What settings can u guys suggest i can turn on/off in game to give me best experience on 1 card just now??

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 01:18 
Insiders
Insiders

SSAO/HBAO, AA, Mesh detail... I run mine at a lower-than-native Eyefinity resolution , which gives me a good framerate boost. And since running in that res isn't so sharp, I cannot see a difference when lowering Texture Quality.

Some graphics settings will not take effect until you restart the game, and the game has the ability to show FPS. bring up the console, and punch in "render.drawfps true".

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2011, 05:03 

I am still wondering whether to buy a second 6970 card for my system,im scared to buy it incase it becomes pointless :(

I can only play BF3 on Low to medium settings on this 1 card now and even then thats 30-45 fps......what the hell is wrong

What settings can u guys suggest i can turn on/off in game to give me best experience on 1 card just now??

Right now I am on one 6970 wiht eyefinity 5760x 1080 card cause Im still running my intel system

I get great results with all settings on medium, ANIALIASING DEFFERED = OFF, ANTIALIASING POST= HIGH, MOTION BLUR(i JUST NOTICED ITS ON, but I would suggest off to get more fps), Anisotrpic filter = 2x ambient occlusioin = off vsync = on, steroscopic 3d = off, FOV = 90

The game is very playable at these settings, and I love playing in eyefinity. I get 35-45 fps with what I just said, but the game is smooth.

Attached files

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2011, 14:32 

Hi, i have 6970 crossfire but un have only 24 fps on crysis 2 at 6000*1080 on extrem graphic configuration .
It's normal ?

Bonoscot , have you crysis 2 for test it ? and you will can compare with me .