Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 23:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 00:24 

hey guys,i have just started playing Bc2 again recently,updated game drivers etc,however i play for about 10-15 mins then the game freezes,makes a buzzing/humming noise and completly shuts off.

I still kinda new to all this,is there some kind of pc log that i could read after i restart my comp to see WHY the comp crashed in the first place?

i dont know if its a over heating problem or not,i was running PAYDAY THE HEIST for hours and was fine,any help/knowledge would be appreciated.

played about a month ago for an hour or 2 and the game was fine.running on high settings(nothing really changed with comp since then)Spyware check done as well

Intel core i7 2.8Ghz
8Gb ram
win 7 64bit
Ati 6970 2Gb

catalyst 11.9,latest gfx driver

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 02:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Christ, a quadruple post? yikes.

Anyway, What are your full system specs? I'd wager it's either a problem with the game itself, or perhaps you have a component that's not seated properly.

Often on events of a complete freeze, there's no crash dump, as with a BSOD. However, you can go into your Event Viewer and look for application or hardware errors.

Just click on your Start button, then enter "event viewer" in th search field at the bottom.

Post subject: The latest drivers are
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 06:52 

The latest drivers are 11.10....not 11.9. They were released in the last day.
For Eyefinity, you should also install the latest CAP driver if you're using CF and/or Eyefinity. That's 11.9 CAP4, FTR.

And, yes, the Event Viewer might have some info as to what is happening.

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2011, 22:46 

Guys done it again,5 mins into game,it completly froze,i had to restart comp.
What do i do when i go to event viewer,where do i look,theres so much going on it that tab,is there something specific i need to click on in event viewer to see why it crashed.Does event viewer save the problem when i am forced to restart?

Intel r core i7 CPU [email protected]
8 GB Ram
Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Radeon HD 6970 2Gb
1000wt PSw
Motherboard. asus p7p55d Le

CCC amd 11.9 (updates checked) as 30 september
Latest Amd Drivers installed

Ps,i was playing the game fine about 1 month ago as stated.No viruses or trojans detected,game up to date

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 00:26 

I'd also recommend installing something such as GPU-Z, and log temps, utilisation etc. You can log all this to CSV whilst running the game and build up a wealth of data to try to find out what the GPU is doing at the point of crash.

It could also be the game, I've had random crashes with BC2 (most recent instance is where some (not all) maps (e.g. Port Valdez) simply don't load and CTD right at the end of a map change sequence.

Are you using Steam? Is the game up-to-date?

Before a total re-install of the game, rename your BC2 config folder and try re-creating that from scratch.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2011, 12:08 
Editors
Editors

Just to throw another idea in, if your PC is automatically shutting off after it freezes, it could be your PSU. I had the same problem with only 'intensive' games like BC2 and a new PSU completely solved it.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2011, 11:57 

Once again, the LATEST CCC is 11.10. It was officially released on Oct 31.

You might benefit from a totally free program that is highly recommended by Computer Power User magazine.

It's main purpose is to tweak a PC for gaming!

It accomplishes this by....

1. Checking for updated drivers....for ALL the system components in the PC. (It found an updated driver for my NIC card, for example.)

2. It will Analyze a system and point out areas that may be cause lockups and crashes.

3. When the user selects to Boost the system for gaming, it will automatically shutdown any unnecessary processes and/or services to free up resources.

I guess I could go on into further detail, but, that should whet the appetite for those who may want to check it out for themselves.

Just ONE WORD of caution: Be sure to observe how it is installed. That is, as with most free apps, there are a few things it wants to install that you may not wish to opt into. So, be sure to watch the checkboxes for anything you don't want. But, if something does slip by, it's easy enough to opt out of by changing the settings.

Here's the link:

http://www.g-forums.net/general-discussion/2289-game-booster-3-download.html

~Windows 7 x64 Professional~MSI X58A-GD45~Intel I7-950~6x2 GB DDR3 1600 RAM (Triple Channel)~RealTek Onboard~XFX HD 6950 2 GB GDDR5~3 ViewSonic 24 inch LCDs in Eyefinity~SATA Dual Layer DVD RW~1000 W PSU~And a Whole Lot More!~Done with Vista~XP Pro on the way out, too!~AND....250 GB XBOX 360~

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2011, 11:13 

the problem is caused by MSI afterburner. i know this because i had the same problem and researched it. the game freezes and you hear a buzzing sound coming through the speakers and the only thing left to do is shut down your pc right?

disable MSI afterburner completely before you run the game.