Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 27 Oct 2024, 19:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:41 

I've got 3 HannsG HW191D screens hooked up to a XFX Radeon HD 5770. All of them are connected via DVI and I'm therefore using the Sapphire DP>DVI adaptor to get them all working.

I can enable Eyefinity and everything looks good. I go to the bezel management, align the triangles and click the green arrow. The screen then goes black and then two of the monitors go to sleep, with the remaining monitor being on but with a low resolution going through it. To enable the other monitors I have to disable this 'group' and start again but the bezel compensation is nowhere to be seen.

I've updated Catalyst to 10.11 but the same problem rears its head.

I just wondered if anyone has had the same experience and if so how you resolved it.

Cheers

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:45 

I had this similar issue with that little alignment application crashing once in a while when I used the Apple adapter for the third screen. I usually just uinstalled the driver, then reinstalled it, and attempted again. The bummer is that when it would crash, it would create some crazy resolution.

I did finally splurge, and for 30 bucks I got myself one of those single link active adapters by Sapphire, and all these strange issues virtually disappeared. Best 30 bucks I ever spent trying to clean up the Eyefinity Displayport fiasco.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 00:54 

This is the adaptor I've got; is this the same as yours?

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2010, 06:42 

Yeah, that's very similar to the $30 adapter I bought here in the States. About the only thing I can think of at this point is to uninstall the driver, re-arrange the monitors on the vid card ports, reinstall, and give it another shot.

I'm using Hanns-G 28's, and I also use (2) of the DVI ports, and then the DP of course.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2010, 16:57 

The issue seems to have resolved itself. Despite the apparent failure of the bezel compensation tool in CCC, the compensated resolution was still saved. I went on Display and altered my screen resolution and everything is now working fine. Portal works flawlessly whereas Bioshock doesn't really like it, but that's for another thread! :) Thanks for the help.