Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 17:48

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2010, 19:16 

Hi all, just came accross your website while searching through google about my topic I wish to discuss.

I am currently in the middle of building a B737 cockpit FTD and I am wondering about the beauty of this card that ATI have released.

Powercolor ATI Radeon HD 5870 2048MB "Eyefinity 6 Edition" GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card

Basically I need the card to do the following for me if possible.

3 monitor setup Running FSX simulator view. (28" x 3) instead of using a projector.

3 monitor setup for viewing seperate programs from Project Magenta (Boeing Type Glass Cockpit) behind the MIP (3 x 22")

* monitor 4 (Left) Captains side PFD's

* Monitor 5 (Middle) Standby instruments

* Monitor 6 (Right) First officers PFD's

Please take a look at this to get a better idea.

***The first three screens for outside view from FSX will be ontop of the MIP

***The other three screens for displaying the avionics from project magenta will be behind the MIP (Note: Project magenta's software is all in OpenGL and in windowed mode and can moves to any screen)

So what I am wondering is it possible to do ???

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 16:15 

Use the 5870 for the 3 screens running FSX. For the rest, just buy pre-made cockpits/panels which already have displays that are compatible with FSX.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 03:18 
Insiders
Insiders

Use the 5870 for the 3 screens running FSX. For the rest, just buy pre-made cockpits/panels which already have displays that are compatible with FSX.

This +1.

Saitek makes the premade panels, they are amazing.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 16:18 

[quote]Use the 5870 for the 3 screens running FSX. For the rest, just buy pre-made cockpits/panels which already have displays that are compatible with FSX.

This +1.

Saitek makes the premade panels, they are amazing.

Thanks guys for your reply, but those saitek panels you suggest aren't really what I am after. It's a Jet Airliner cockpit, and not a General Aviation cockpit. (Those panels would work nice then)

I already have the Boeing software from project magenta. These are just a standalone OpenGL program/s that run in windowed mode and can be moved around and resized on any screen connected to normal video card or TH2GO.

I seen on youtube, of a video from Tom's hardware running a game on the bottom three monitors and the upper three had three independant browsers running at the same time. This is what I really need to be honest.