Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 09:20

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2010, 16:51 

hi,

i created a landscape 'eyefinity' profile in ccc. then i disabled the profile and arranged the monitors on windows7extend to work so the task bar is in the middle and and the other two monitors are either side i created a profile for this called 'windows extend'

first time it works, to switch from windows extend to ccc profile 'eyefinity', but switching back to 'windows extend' spoils the configuration for some reason? the result is my task bar is in the middle left monitor is correct but effectivley to go to the right i have to travel across the left? i have tried various different combinations of 1,2,3 in both ccc and window software but it always does the same?

is this a bug? has anyone here successfully married a large single res eyefinity profile with a windows extended profile and been able to switch without the monitors being rearranged?

of course if i disabled the eyefinity group then re-enabling the 'eyefinity' profile doesnt work, its just mirrors three monitors as 1 ! so then i have to setup in windows extend and re-create group.

so the profiles are of no use for switching between center task bar and extend. you have the choice for eyefinity or nothing else basically.

on a side note, when i come to upgrade my gfx card i will look towards nvidia, are they at the stage of multimonitor yet? even if it is in SLI

any help, although reading through other threads i might be in the same boat as others

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2010, 01:42 
Insiders
Insiders

I'm quite sure i spoke to this problem in another thread that you've participated in, but for any profile with at least one extended monitor, i ALWAYS have to load the profile twice. Just like you, one the first profile load the screen never line up the way I saved them. On this last driver set & new set of saved profiles, CCC even makes the incorrect monitor as the Primary. Load the profile once more and all should be peachy.

Again, this has been the case for every driver version I've used since i got my 5870. Feel lucky, the first CCC version i used did not properly save and load profiles at all. Future versions loaded them a little quicker. So it's getting better, but slowly.

My Eyefinity profiles (with and without BM*), always load properly the first time, as do my single screen profiles. Always have.

*hardy har har