Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 10 Sep 2024, 16:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2010, 20:28 

Well, I just got a 5870 E6 2gb. For the first 30 mins, it was great. I was testing out games and everything seemed to work fine. Then the NATIVE DISPLAYPORT MONITOR just went to sleep and that was it. I tried different drivers along w/driver cleaner and it would work at first, but then like 10 seconds later after getting the group figured out, the center monitor goes out again. I've tried unplugging the dp plug, the power chord, etc. Nothing seems to work.

I did check the BIOS version with GPU-Z and it does have an older bios on it. But I don't want to flash the card and void the warranty. I opened a support ticket with Sapphire, so hopefully they will instruct me to flash my card, but who knows. Really stupid that this costs $500 and it won't even work with a native displayport monitor.

EDIT: I asked them about a newer bios in the support ticket and they gave me a link to request a newer one. So it looks like I can flash it under warranty and still be covered. Still waiting for the e-mail back though. Wish me luck. :?

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 10:02 

EDIT: I asked them about a newer bios in the support ticket and they gave me a link to request a newer one. So it looks like I can flash it under warranty and still be covered. Still waiting for the e-mail back though. Wish me luck. :?

Keep us posted!!

PostPosted: 17 Jul 2010, 23:26 

[quote]

Keep us posted!!

Yeah, it looks like I have to wait until monday. :evil: Will post my results then.

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2010, 22:32 

The bios they sent me was the exact same version..... and they said it's the "newest one" even though theres newer ones posted on techpowerup..... :evil: Probably going to have to RMA the card.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 00:51 

Now they want me to rma the card. :doh It doesn't matter if I get a new one or not, it's going to be the same damn problem. This is such a joke.

EDIT: Looks like I'm the joke. Been working for 3 hours now. I switched out the mini-dp to dp adapter again(had already tried this before several times) + 10.5 drivers + turning off "auto switching" or whatever it is in the DP monitor supposedly fixed it. I'm going to try 10.6 and see if it's just the monitor setting. I feel like a complete moron and should hide under a rock. :doh

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 06:06 

10.6 are fine. It was the auto-switching in the monitor.

Me=fail, 5870 E6=win.

PostPosted: 20 Jul 2010, 07:38 

10.6 are fine. It was the auto-switching in the monitor.

Me=fail, 5870 E6=win.

Damn, sometimes the problem is just in front of you :mrgreen:

At least glad it worked out for you!

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 02:37 

Well, it still does it sometimes w/10.6. So it hasn't gone away completely. :evil: Switching back to 10.5 tonight. Will report back my findings.

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 08:50 

Yesterday i received my AS615AA from HP (active DP to VGA adapter).

Ordered it just for the hell of it.. But alas, no dice! When i connect it to the 5970 with it's mini DP to DP adapter it just doesn't fire up the monitor. Tried a normal DVI to VGA with the same cable and monitor and it worked the first go..

Tried turning off crossfire, one monitor, different monitor, starting up with only the monitor on this adapter, connect it to my 2nd 5970 (without Xfire offcourse) : no go.

Could be:

1. The Adapter is broken
2. The adapter won't work with the mini DP to DP cable
3. The adapter won't work with my LP2065 because they only have 2x DVI in (albeit it works with the VGA cable)

Called for RMA to return it..

Also called for RMA for my ACCEL active B087B-003J Firmware 034, which is still blinking under 10.6..

At the moment i'm pondering about different solutions:

1. Ditch ATI and get 2x GTX480, have to buy a new Mobo then..
2. Ditch Eyefinity and get a big 30" IPS-> expensive

My Apple works okay, but when switching CrossfireX off (i have to do that to get some old games running without glitching)then sometimes the DP connected monitor loses resolution: just a quick usb power plug in/out and it works again..

The ACCEL did this perfect: but it blanks :doh

PostPosted: 21 Jul 2010, 09:04 

Funny, just received this mail from the supplier from the ACCEL:

Dear John,

Cause of the problem is with ATI. We have heard from multiple customers that with the latest Catalyst software the adapters are not working properly or not at all. ATI has promised that the next update will address this problem, then the adapter will work again.

Sincerely,
Wouter Hol
Rapbid Vof
Kabeltje.com

This is a translation from Dutch by the way :D
Hmm.. maybe i will try and contact ACCEL support about what they have to say?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 19  Next