Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 08:00

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:39 

Strange that my problem was fixed with the 10.4's and you still have it. I started a thread in this forum a week or so ago but no one responded to it so I assumed it was an issue with my system only. Wish I could help you out but all I did was just install the 10.4 over the 10.3b. 4 of my screens are displayport to mini displayport and one is DVI to minidisplay port if that helps any.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:43 

Strange that my problem was fixed with the 10.4's and you still have it. I started a thread in this forum a week or so ago but no one responded to it so I assumed it was an issue with my system only. Wish I could help you out but all I did was just install the 10.4 over the 10.3b. 4 of my screens are displayport to mini displayport and one is DVI to minidisplay port if that helps any.

Yea I don't know but I did not have this problem with 10.3, however I did have an issue with my profiles sometimes not working correctly which I found very interesting sometimes they worked sometimes they would arrange wrong. But now I am having the monitor shutting off. Sometimes not even coming on after a restart, and then going into a cycle of different colors.

I don't know what the deal is to be honest. But I find it weird that a friend is having the same issues with his monitor shutting off, and he also has to unplug it and plug it back in. He said it has happened around 5 times in a month and he had to completely unplug it or unplug the DVI cable to get it to come back on. Both of us are unable to use our power buttons when this happens. It is like it freezes the whole monitor. He is using 10.3.

Is that what was happening to you as well?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:46 

I hear ya, I couldn't play any games for the last few weeks because of it. Everytime I would try to go into a game in eyefinity mode only two of the three would be working then I would have to power cycle it, then the game would go into window mode, and so on. It's a big headache!!! I haven't tried profiles since 9.12's (which I had not luck)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 18:50 

I hear ya, I couldn't play any games for the last few weeks because of it. Everytime I would try to go into a game in eyefinity mode only two of the three would be working then I would have to power cycle it, then the game would go into window mode, and so on. It's a big headache!!! I haven't tried profiles since 9.12's (which I had not luck)

So is that what was happening to you what I posted above about having to unplug the monitor. You mention power cycle were you able to do this with your power button on monitor or did you have to unplug the monitor or the DVI cable. What method did you have to do?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 19:13 

I tried both ways but if I turned the monitor off for about 5 seconds and then back on it would work about 50% of the time or another monitor would go out and I would have to do the same thing. Whenever I shut down my computer and booted it back up it would take about 5 minutes to get all the monitors in sync. Trying to start a video game was just too time consuming, wouldn't even bother till these new drivers which fixed all my problems.

I'm looked at the release notes and nothing was mentioned about this.

before selling off your cards I would try a fresh install of windows with the 10.4's, just a suggestion. These new drivers haven't had one screen go into "power save mode"

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 19:17 

I tried both ways but if I turned the monitor off for about 5 seconds and then back on it would work about 50% of the time or another monitor would go out and I would have to do the same thing. Whenever I shut down my computer and booted it back up it would take about 5 minutes to get all the monitors in sync. Trying to start a video game was just too time consuming, wouldn't even bother till these new drivers which fixed all my problems.

I'm looked at the release notes and nothing was mentioned about this.

HAHA you still have not answered my question and are making me even more confused. I asked what method of turning off your display you had to do when this happened?

Were you able to turn off your display with the "power button", or did you have to "unplug" your monitor.

When this happens to me I have to unplug it because the power button does not do anything. I have touch buttons not a push button maybe that is why.

I am really not about to reinstall windows, that is a huge inconvenience to me. I am in the middle of a senior project class. And it just does not seem like something people should have to do just to get drivers and cards working properly. Maybe ATI should sort there drivers out, and not leave it up to genie pigs haha.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 19:20 

My bad, I just hit the power button the front of the monitor, They light would turn yellow--wait 5 seconds-- hit the power button-- light turns blue (on).

I have always been able to turn on/off the monitors.

I'm runnning 4 x u2410's and 1x 2509wps (or something like that)

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2010, 19:28 

My bad, I just hit the power button the front of the monitor, They light would turn yellow--wait 5 seconds-- hit the power button-- light turns blue (on).

I have always been able to turn on/off the monitors.

I'm runnning 4 x u2410's and 1x 2509wps (or something like that)

Hmmm yea mine just go black and the light stays blue like it is still on but I am unable to turn the monitor off with the button. When they are actually off the light turns red. The only way I can get the display back when this happens is to pull the plug. The same exact thing is happening to my friend.

And again I don't think reinstalling windows is the practical solution. I can only imagine if this was a company machine, reinstalling windows all the time could be a real problem. I find it funny when people think the resolution to everything is reinstalling windows.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 02:11 

Here is a link to my problem

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubdS4-Mue2A

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2010, 05:06 

I am also having an issue after updating to the 10.4 drivers. My DisplayPort monitor just turns off after a while. I have to disconnect the video cable and plug it back in to get it to work. I am going to revert back to 10.3b.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next