Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 16:09

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 23:41 

Awesome. Thanks for the pictures :D

So nice to see TaleWorlds which are a small developer offering better multi monitor support than a lot of the biggest new titles.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 00:00 

I enjoyed the first game. Don't know if I will buy this just this get the same updated for widescreen.

PostPosted: 19 Mar 2010, 15:20 
Insiders
Insiders

I enjoyed the first game. Don't know if I will buy this just this get the same updated for widescreen.

You mean surround? It's totally worth getting a great indy game updated for surround. Spread the love man.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2010, 22:34 

You mean surround? It's totally worth getting a great indy game updated for surround. Spread the love man.

I use single display. And I am not into multiplayer so I would be paying for what is essentially a patch. I will most likely do it someday but am in no rush to buy another full version just becasue of improved support.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 03:15 
Insiders
Insiders

Well why are you hanging out in this forum then, being a lurker? :hide

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 04:52 

Well why are you hanging out in this forum then, being a lurker?

I haven't burned all my bridges here yet. Plus I liked Mount & Blade and was suprised it got the widescreen support it currently has.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 08:18 

I use single display. And I am not into multiplayer so I would be paying for what is essentially a patch. I will most likely do it someday but am in no rush to buy another full version just becasue of improved support.

I could give a rat's ass about the multiplayer death match e-peen fest as well, however as a person exposed to what the single player experience of warband offers vs what the prior iteration did its a much more fulfilling.

While I'm not entirely understanding of why a single-monitor owning individual would feel the need to weigh in about the developments that influence multi-screen owners in their own dedicated forum and in reference of a particular release, I respect your attempt at being relevant to the conversation, sorta...well no, I think I gave this particular post more thought.

/warband is pretty different then its predecessor, I'm looking forward to its first official release.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 09:17 

From playing the beta the engine is much more refined than the old game. Performance was greatly improved on my hardware. So even in single player there will be advantages to this. The first game didn't like it so much when the onscreen soldier count was raised to say 200 using the battlesizer. I am hoping with the improvements I can have some huge battles :D.

Also they have added a lot of new content from what I've read.

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2010, 19:39 

While I'm not entirely understanding of why a single-monitor owning individual would feel the need to weigh in about the developments that influence multi-screen owners in their own dedicated forum and in reference of a particular release, I respect your attempt at being relevant to the conversation, sorta...well no, I think I gave this particular post more thought.

No one gave much of a peep on these forums for the first game when it was out so when I searched and found this thread for Warband and the improved support I was pleasantly suprised and decided to post. Considering the Vert - behavior of the original game and the very high camera on horseback even a lowly 16:10 user benefits from the new support as you can actually see the ground troops you are fighting in mounted combat.

However , I should have remembered this is a forum dedicated solely to surround users and only surround users and I apologize for that.

And in the future when a surround user PMs me yet again for assistance on getting a game to work or I am about to answer a post about a widescreen method for a surround user no one else has bothered to reply to I will remember my place.

And when I figure out a method that adds surround support for a game that is already playable or perfect in 16:10 I will once again remember my place.

And when I am looking at a new system and considering an Eyefinity setup I will fondly recall the Eyefinity community I would then become a part of which will no doubt influence my decision.

Anything else you want to add relevant to the conversation?

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2010, 18:10 

...And in the future when a surround user PMs me yet again for assistance on getting a game to work or I am about to answer a post about a widescreen method for a surround user no one else has bothered to reply to I will remember my place.

And when I figure out a method that adds surround support for a game that is already playable or perfect in 16:10 I will once again remember my place.

And when I am looking at a new system and considering an Eyefinity setup I will fondly recall the Eyefinity community I would then become a part of which will no doubt influence my decision.

Anything else you want to add relevant to the conversation?

Well, referring to a new game as being nothing more then paying for a patch will tend to net you some hostility in a thread of people who are talking about the new features and abilities of this game vs its predecessor. I must say that my own response is pretty hostile, but then again I was pretty drunk at the time and am very passionate about seeing this game and its developers succeed, still no need to get all drama llama on us over hurt feelings.

To attempt to completely change the topic though back to this game: Guys I've gotta say that the new method for couched lancing has completely changed the landscape of mounted combat, I've definitely found I break out other weapons far more now that its not such an easy to pull off instant-death-machine. If you haven't tried it what you need to do now is actively press 'x' to flip the lance down into couched mode and that gives you a few seconds of window to skewer something, then after wards there is a small timer before you can couch again. Oh and the previous requirements of minimal running speed, max turn rate etc is still in play. I will miss my super-easy death maker but it was high time to make us use other tactics and I appreciate its nerfage.