Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 15:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 08:45 

Mount & Blade Warband is to be released soon and I am excited because they fixed the game to work with eyefinity. They have a closed Beta out at the moment so I took some screenshots. The game also supports Bezel managed resolutions.

If you havn't played it before the game has a third person map mode where you move troops around to attack enemies and castles and manage your kingdom somewhat similar to Total War. When you engage in combat with other armies the game becomes a first person slasher where you lead your army into battle.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 09:28 
Insiders
Insiders

Stretched/noncentered text/UI = fixed? :lol:

But seriously I am guessing it was Vert- before. Any chance you could post some FULL size screenshots and also of the campaign map (Or whatever its called, the one where you move your army around -- havent played the game in a while).

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2010, 10:15 

Yes on screen text is stretched but that can be disabled in options or maybe modified later :D

In the last game it would just crop the image when ultra wide resolutions were used so you couldn't see the character but that is fixed which is the most important thing.

There is no single player game in the beta only skirmishes and multiplayer so I can't see that yet but the campaign map worked in eyefinity for the first game.

Higher resolution pictures. Graphics are not special but they have improved performance a lot.
http://www.divshare.com/download/10613846-dd8
http://www.divshare.com/download/10613847-3c2
http://www.divshare.com/download/10613848-f6a

PostPosted: 01 Mar 2010, 08:52 
Insiders
Insiders

Wow not bad, do M&B owners automatically get Warband for free? Might play some of it again if they fix the text stretching issue, that seems really annoying.

How is the rest of the UIs? Stretched? Centered?

I remember playing M&B back in the day when it was beta, I was thinking this is how horseback combat should have been in Oblivion instead of having to dismount :(

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2010, 22:37 

Wanted to mention I'm in both the multiplayer and Single player Beta and using a Triplehead2go, been reporting back to the devs anything that looks out of place and so far gotten assurances from Serdar that there will be further improvements for our resolutions coming in the next version (currently using 0.720). The battle 3d engine is pretty perfect but the map mode and all the menus & HUD etc are still using old school stretchy methods that's all(but again these are reported as fixed for next revision). Serdar basically said he'd wrote a check that if the aspect ratio goes beyond regular wide it'll display things in anticipation that its a triple screen setup, hopefully this means all the overlays just on the center screen.

Wow not bad, do M&B owners automatically get Warband for free? Might play some of it again if they fix the text stretching issue, that seems really annoying.
I doubt we'll get totally free copies come full release at the end of March but meh you get to try it out and ho boy its pretty entertaining. If you own the original you can go grab the MP beta through this link here:
http://beta.taleworlds.com/download.aspx

I'll keep you all updated with the progress as I want to see this game fully support these glorious resolutions and get an A+ from WSGF upon release :)

ED: Right if this thread could be moved to the general multi-monitor gaming forum that's probably a better spot :)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2010, 13:04 

for the record, works also perfectly with softth;

i made the FOV patcher for original m&b and the maximum fov there was 128, so this makes me a very happy camper

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 01:29 

shole do you have a link for the FOV patcher for the first game?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 11:33 

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,55163.msg1428051.html

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2010, 20:33 
Editors
Editors

This is fantastic news. Thanks for pressing the issue with the developers, Bumpinthenight, and keep up the good work!

PostPosted: 18 Mar 2010, 23:20 

Beta .802 was released to the testers and I must say they've made huge progress towards 100% multi-monitor display support!

The game will let you know that its detected your resolution as being a multi-monitor and adjust its behavior based on that. What this ends up doing is quite good, it centers all the HUDs and overlays to the center monitor while keeping all the 3d engine stuff displaying across all three :D

Examples:

Over all this is amazing for us, there are a few nagging leftovers which I've addressed to their bug tracker such as a few mouse-over detection boxes don't line up in some places and it treats the specific 3840x1024 resolution oddly compared to other multimonitor ones etc but wow, great stuff coming from them!