Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 22:53

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2011, 19:13 

Hey guys,finally bit the bullit and joined you guys on eyefinity,my setup as follows is.........

Intel Core i7 860 @2.80Ghz
Ati Radeon 6970.
8gb Ram,
3 x Samsung P2470hd Monitors,
Win 7 64bit

Ok i have connected up as follows............1 saphire active display port to dvi,1 dvi to hdmi, 1 dvi to vga

All monitors appear but im confused if its setup properly........My desktop resolution states : DISPLAY 2/3 Multiple Monitors
Resolution 5760 x 1080
Multiple Displays Duplicate Desktop on 2 and 3

My Catalyst control is as follows.............I have created a group in landscape mode [ ] [ 1] [ ]
Please selct a display i have all 3 tv monitors on (1) ***However 2 of the 3 tvs have Syncmaster DVI and Display Port and the third monitor states CRT analogue (2 of the icons are of a lcd tv and the third is of an old crt monitor lol )

In the CCC, i just cant seem to work it as easy as i have seen the youtube vids for some reason,i can select the monitors but its kinda different from the tutorials(in a weird way),anyways.......

1.I CANNOT select bezel management in the dropdown option as instructed(there is no option at all to do this)???
why?
2.My third monitor to the right with the clock and calendar,the taskbar is very thin i can barly see the clock at all,whereas the taskbar across the other 2 monitors are fine(this is the monitor with the HDMI btw).
3 when i have a webpage up and i minimize it and drag to far left or right to seperate on 1 monitor,the webpage i have dragged to the far right /left then opens in 1 full monitor and half of the middle screen.Is that normal?
4.i am running the latest driver on ati.Is the bezel problem with this ,do i need an older CCC or Driver ?
5.I have only tried 2 games so far,Just cause 2 and MW2.JC2 options and game is fine looks good :) however MW2 Is terrible It is at correct display but the Game is badly stretched and the menu is terrible to look at?

Any help would be appreciated on this guys, and thanks

Post subject: some games need the
PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 00:52 

some games need the widescreen fixer tool. MW2 is one of them.
you just run the program, pick the game and set a hotkey to activate it once the game is running and it will fix it for you.

http://widescreengamingforum.com/forum/7971/multi-game-widescreen-fixer

as for the issues on the 3rd screen, it sounds like monitor scaling may be turned on in you monitor settings. Scaling can be found both in the drivers and in the menu of your monitor.

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 19 Jul 2011, 20:35 

Much appreciated , thanks for getting back to me,

For anyone having trouble ......i had to buy a HDMI to DVI ADAPTER and have both screen 1 and 3 plugged in via DVI and Monitor 2 via DP

note* dvi to hdmi gave me scaling problems and NO BEZEL OPTION*