Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 23:12

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2013, 19:04 

Started playing Assassins Creed 3 today and although it looks beautiful in nVidia Surround there seems to be a bug, when aiming with a gun the aiming is about 4 inches off to the left. I had the problem first near the beginning when you have to shoot some barrels, it wouldn't let me shoot at all and after about an hour of frustration and googling I found someone else with the problem, once I got past this I noticed the problem is consistent every time you need to use a gun. Its fine on one screen but when using surround its way off, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2013, 22:41 

mdickens98 wrote:
Started playing Assassins Creed 3 today and although it looks beautiful in nVidia Surround there seems to be a bug, when aiming with a gun the aiming is about 4 inches off to the left. I had the problem first near the beginning when you have to shoot some barrels, it wouldn't let me shoot at all and after about an hour of frustration and googling I found someone else with the problem, once I got past this I noticed the problem is consistent every time you need to use a gun.
Its fine on one screen but when using surround its way off, has anyone found a solution to this yet?

Im an Eyefinity user and Im experiencing the exact same problem. Would love to know if there's a fix but I have two questions if you dont mind me asking...the first one is to diagnose the problem. Would you by any chance have a 4th monitor? Im wondering if thats what causing the problem but at the same time doesnt really make sense? Secondly, were you able to make it through the game without using the aiming? I want to play the game especially after finding out that the game runs very smoothly when crossfire is turned off!

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2013, 15:22 

Hi Felix,
Sorry for the 'VERY' late reply, I have now finished the game and the aiming didn't cause me too many problems. There were a few areas where I needed to use the aiming and for those sections I just dropped down to a single screen resolution and all was ok.
I'm afraid I am unable to test with a 4th monitor but I did contact UBISOFT and found their tech support system to be less than useless! they just kept emailing me saying I hadn't been in contact for 48 hours so they were going to close the ticket, I responded on three occasions but they never provided me with any support at all

PostPosted: 27 May 2013, 02:48 

mdickens98 wrote:
Hi Felix,
Sorry for the 'VERY' late reply, I have now finished the game and the aiming didn't cause me too many problems. There were a few areas where I needed to use the aiming and for those sections I just dropped down to a single screen resolution and all was ok.
I'm afraid I am unable to test with a 4th monitor but I did contact UBISOFT and found their tech support system to be less than useless! they just kept emailing me saying I hadn't been in contact for 48 hours so they were going to close the ticket, I responded on three occasions but they never provided me with any support at all

Thanks for the reply! No worries, I've been busy and have put off playing AC3 for now given that its a game that really takes time to explore. Im very thankful because now at least I know the aiming is not crucial and just more of a nuisance. I still have a tidbit of hope because prior to its earlier update, Ghost Recon was updated and finally worked for my setup (for some unknown reason, it worked on everybody else's eyefinity setup except for mine. Could've been because I'm using a 6990 which was causing problems but for my occasion as well, Ubisoft was not very helpful...). I haven't been keeping up with this forum frequently so I'm sorry for the late thank you as well! But for anyone (and Im thinking that this affects all surround/eyefinity users) that are interested in playing this game with multi-monitors, know that this is the one bug which I believe is not exactly a game breaker. Hopefully as you said, you can just work through it and hope for an update! Just don't forget to turn off Crossfire for AMD users! I had about 20-30 fps in Boston and once I turned it off, I got it to 50-60fps and it runs a lot better (seems to be the case for Ghost Recon as well. Damn ubisoft...)

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2013, 10:48 
Insiders
Insiders

I've had this game from day one and never played it until now, and I've run into this problem, it's terrible.