Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Oct 2024, 14:22

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 16:33 

Hi all,

I recently started playing this game and i love it, however i can not find how to change the resolution using the registry files. I have googled and tried everything, but i can't find the location of the files. Any ideas?

I am using W7 64bit, and i have tried opening every location i could find with regedit to no avail.
Also, this is the Steam version.

Thank you.

PostPosted: 20 Oct 2011, 23:01 
Editors
Editors

Hey pablo, have you checked the game's Detailed Report - http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/nexus-jupiter-incident (or click on "Games" on the top of the page) ?

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 01:13 

Hey pablo, have you checked the game's Detailed Report - http://widescreengamingforum.com/dr/nexus-jupiter-incident (or click on "Games" on the top of the page) ?

Hi, and thank you for the reply.

I have read that page, but i think it assumes a certain amount of know-how that i do not have ;)

So far i have attempted to open all of the locations mentioned with regedit, but none appear to be there. Searching for the files manually has also not been successful for me, but tbh i'm not 100% on what i am doing as i haven't messed about in the registry before.
I have 64bit W7 and have UAC on.

I wonder if the fact that it is on Steam has any bearing?

At the moment i am having to play it on 1280x1024, which doesn't look that bad tbh and it is playable but my monitor is 1920x1080 native. I would like to get it sorted as i have gotten in to it a bit and am finding it excellent, i can't believe i missed it! It isn't exactly a forgiving game though ;)

Thanks

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 10:28 
Editors
Editors

I have the Steam version of the game on WinXP and the registry location is the same mentioned in the detailed report:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMithisNexus - The Jupiter Incident

I'm guessing Win7 should work the same as Vista regarding registry locations. Try searching within regedit again using either 'nexus' or 'mithis'--the registry keys must be in there somewhere.

PostPosted: 21 Oct 2011, 20:24 

Thanks guys, found it now after searching for mithis.

Game still looks great as well. I can fully enjoy it now.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2011, 10:45 
Editors
Editors

The problem is that 64-bit Windows stores things in slightly different places in the registry - usually the difference is a branch called something like SysWoW64... this can make getting registry hacks that were discovered on 32-bit OSes a bit tricky if it's a 'feature' you're unaware of. ;)