Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 04:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 02:01 

Hello, I've been using an eyefinity setup for a while now, with a lot of help from the information on this forum. I would just like to say thank you for all this work you guys have collaborated here.

Alright, so I've also been playing this game called Vindictus, which is run on the Source engine, and handles eyefinity beautifully. It really enhances your experience in the game a lot, however elements of the UI that are crucial to gameplay are moved to the side. Now, I've seen the TF2/L4D mods that change the UI positioning, and I was wondering if anyone experienced with those workarounds have looked at, or would be able to look at doing a similar thing with Vindictus. It is a free game, so there is no purchase required to get your hands on the files. Currently I find the eyefinity experience with added peripheral vision outweighs the ease of tracking stamina regen on the same screen, but a simple adjustment of the basic UI would seal the deal.

Thanks for any input you guys can add.

PostPosted: 29 Nov 2010, 10:03 
Editors
Editors

Just installed Vindictus myself. The file system looks like no other Source game I've seen and there's a very obvious HackShield app connected to the game, so a HUD mod might not be possible. I'll look around, but a fix for Eyefinity might have to come from the developer.

PostPosted: 12 Oct 2011, 21:03 

Hate to bump this, but has anyone found out a solution to the UI problem. Love playing this game when I'm bored, just wish the UI was movable.