Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 09:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2011, 20:04 

Im having some real difficulty getting this to work. Problem is any change I make to the X value has no effect. I can change the Y value and move the HUD as far vertically across the screen as I want, but can't move it horizontal at all. My ini changes stick but to no avail. I know which files to change and when, but why would the Y value work and not the X.@ 5760x1080? Also the launcher does not detect my native res (5760x1080). The only option available is 6000x1080. I've changed my ini to detect my native res but its never an option in the launcher. Here's the kicker, if I set it to a normal single screen res,1920x1080 the horizontal HUD changes take immediate effect. Have no idea what's goin on here, please help, thanks in advance.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2011, 22:36 

The steps you're trying are from this thread? You have to set the Eyefinity variable in the .ini to 0 for it to work from my understanding, and set the .inis to read only. I also believe that the steps are slightly different with the latest patch, so you have to look through that whole thread to make sure you're doing it right (starting from page 5, I think).

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2011, 22:53 

Thanks for the reply, I've been through that post more times than I can remember. All my steps are correct, eyefinity is set to 0. I think this might be more of a resolution issue. For instance; the only resolution available under eyefinity settings in the launcher is 6000x1080. My res is 5760x1080. Now i can adjust the Y(1080) value and see results. But when I adjust the X(5760) I get nothing. Maybe becuase the res in the launcher will not show my default resolution the changes refuse to take effect. Sound viable? I'm just taking a shot in the dark here. I have changed my res in fallout.ini but it will reset to 6000x1080 if I choose eyefinity in the launcher. I've also started the game bypassing the launcher with my resolution set in the ini and I still get no change. I'm almost ready to give up, shame i was looking forward to NV the most with my new setup.

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2011, 23:46 

Have you changed the settings in all four .ini files (.Steamuserdata########22380remotefalloutprefs.ini, .usersDocumentsMy GamesFalloutNVFalloutPrefs.ini and Fallout.ini, and Steamsteamappscommonfallout new vegasFallout_default.ini), including the one in your Steam's userdata directory? If it doesn't exist, create the directory and the file in there and see if it changes anything.

When starting the game from the launcher after changing all your .ini files, changing any options will overwrite them even when they're set to read only. To make sure you're .ini files have not been overwritten, check all four of them to make sure they're unchanged. If they changed, leave the launcher open and replace them with copies, then start the game.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 02:29 

Well I did get it to work after a new clean install, everything was centered. So I decided to try some of my mods and darns ui. After firing up darns ui and nvse with fomm everything went back to default positions. Checked and all my ini files are correct. Anyone know of a confliction with nvse or darns ui?

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 06:41 
Insiders
Insiders

Remember that once you run the Launcher, it rewrites at least one .ini file, so most of the customizations will be gone. I only run it if i have to enable mods. But I'm usually amek sure to sue mods that don't require loading with the launcher.

Edit your .ini files, then use FalloutNV.exe to run the game.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2011, 22:32 

I guess I just dont understand. I cant get it to move horizontal. It will move vertically as much as I want. My files do not get overwritten I can check them right after I quit and nothing has changed. It worked once, and I have no idea why, i didnt do anything different at all. No matter what I launch from, it doesnt change. Can anyone give me answer to why I can move the Y values but not the X? how does that make sense?